Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dick Drago - RIP... the '75 World Series...

November 08, 2023 05:48AM
So many times I've mentioned the '75 World Series... but is it possible to mention that series too much? I don't think so. Greatest World Series of all time.

Every player involved in that World Series should be in the HOF, IMO. Actually.. having never been to the Baseball's HOF surely they have an exhibit dedicated to 1975?

To repeat... I listened to 'most' of that World Series... it was cotton picking season. Towing cotton trailers I had my radio blasting... when in the trailers tromping cotton we had 3 or 4 pickups all with their radios blasting out every play. When Bernie Carbo hit his HR my brother-in-law got so excited he umped from the top of a full cotton trailer, probably 10' high, into aa ditch, so add another 5', and spained his ankle. That was in game 6 of the WS, or course, and I believe remembered as the greatest baseball game ever played. Who can ever forget -

Carlton Fisk's walk off HR to send the series to game 7? Lot of iconic moments in baseball history.... Fisk is one of them.

I'm sure that however Dick Drago lived out the remainder of his year's on this earth the memory of that series never left his mind. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Dick Drago - RIP... the '75 World Series...

JamesJM76November 08, 2023 05:48AM