Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lemme tell ya a quick story.....

October 25, 2023 01:37PM
No, I never met her, if that's what you were thinking. laughing smiley

Geez, what year? I dunno.... whenever that song came out, that's when.

I used to travel with our 6th grade class to Sonora, Ca. for a week long summer camp. I was a "counselor". My wife, who worked at the school, goaded me into it. As it turned out..... it was great. Enjoyed the heck out of it. I used to joke, goof around, entertain the kids in a much more rowdy manner than the stoic teachers and other counselors. The kids loved me. laughing smiley

Sonora was hmmpphety hmmmphhhh hour drive from our school. Hang on, I'll check. 2 hours, each way. You can probably imagine the noise and commotion on that bus trip.

Welllllllll, "Manic Monday" was the most popular song for our 6 graders at that time. Orrrrrrr, was for the girls anyway. The song was so popular that we'd hear it on the radio 2 or 3 times on the radio during the 2 hour trip.... and each time every girl on the bus, and many boys, would sing along.... soooooooooo, to the complete shock of the kids who had never seen an adult quite capable of acting like a 6yr old ... I joined in. Came the trip home:

First time "Manic Monday" came on the radio I heard a rousing chorus from every kid on the bus.... "JIMMY, DO YOUR DANCE".... to the consternation of the teachers and other councilors I asked them to call me Jimmy and not Mr. Marchini... (not a good choice, I admit, but I've never liked having a title)..... I guess I danced and sang to "Manic Monday" 3 times AT LEAST on the bus ride home.... add to that the times I sang and danced along on the trip TO Sonora.... PLUS.... all the time we heard it AT the summer camp.... and I'd say 20 times minimum.

To this day... I confess, I still get the urge to dance when "Manic Monday" comes on. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The ONLY Musician who could come between me and Stevie Nicks! LOL

Ramgator114October 25, 2023 11:45AM

Lemme tell ya a quick story.....

JamesJM42October 25, 2023 01:37PM