Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reminders... the iPhone App... joy oh joy...

October 05, 2023 08:12AM
The solution took YEARS to discover. There is an App on Apple devices called "Reminders"... just what it sounds like... you set a reminder which can go off on a date, a time, a location.... and you get alerted when you get to whatever time/date/location you had set. It's never worked for me. No alerts... even though I was doing everything correctly.

Smart devices are like that.... stupid. laughing smiley Something completely unrelated to a task can interfere with said task. So to make this short:

Completely by happenstance I read on the internet that the Outlook App can interfere with reminders on an iPhone/iPad/Laptop/Desktop. Well, i have an Outlook email address but my email client handles outlook email so I didn't need the Outlook App and so.... I deleted them... phone/laptop,desktop. PRESTO...

For the first time EVER I can get an 'audible' alert when my reminder goes off!

If you're confused... here's an example.... this is how smartphones work: It's like the light switch in your living room doesn't work because the circuit is cut off by a light switch in Fred Fadoodle's cabin located somewhere in remote Manitoba.

So now that I have reminders working I'll be using it a lot... right? Wellllll, probably not.... because I developed the habit of using Calendar Alert as a work-around. laughing smiley
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Reminders... the iPhone App... joy oh joy...

JamesJM75October 05, 2023 08:12AM