Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

TV Shows I never saw but I heard were excellent...

August 25, 2023 05:01PM
Some of them mentioned on this board.

Never saw "Frazier".... but heard it was one of the most well written sitcom's of all time.

Never saw "Hill Street Blues"... again, the scuttlebutt is that it's brilliantly written, acted - highly entertaining.

Never saw "Friends"... well.. actually I have seen 'snippets' here and there. Supposed to be hilarious.

Never saw "Seinfeld"... and again, I'm lying somewhat. This one I DID see perhaps 3 or 4 FULL episodes. I liked what I saw... but for whatever reason never acquired the habit.

Never saw "The Simpsons"... again, saw some snippets... never a full episode. When friends find out I've never seen The Simpsons they back away from me... not sure why.

Never saw "Game of Thrones"... I've been told I'd LOVE it, all caps; that it's custom made for me. I dunno.

Never saw "Breaking Bad".... which apparently means I have to surrender my man card. Well... high price to pay but I have no interest in seeing it.

Never saw "Lost".... but man on man have I heard it talked about - which is ok with me because that means I don't have to contribute to the conversation.

Never saw "South Park", "Desperate Housewives", "The Sopranos", "Mad Men", "The X Files", (I'm going off a list), "The Office", "House", "Twin Peaks"......... the list is VERY long.

Some of those I *DO* regret not having seen.... others ehhh, couldn't care less. Not a big "TV Guy" since oh.... the 80's, and in the 80's TV was cooling off for me rapidly.

Lately I'm watching more TV than I have since the 80's.... some old TV Shows but also some newer series. AND.... I've enjoyed many of them. I think I can say, without reservation, that:

I missed out on some good stuff. BUT... no regrets... the other ways I entertained myself while missing all those shows worked out just fine. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

TV Shows I never saw but I heard were excellent...

JamesJM153August 25, 2023 05:01PM

Re: TV Shows I never saw but I heard were excellent...

waterfield70August 25, 2023 06:09PM

This topic occurred to tonight because....

JamesJM70August 25, 2023 06:41PM

WOW

SeattleRam63August 25, 2023 07:25PM

My Dad LOVED that show, when I was in High School... BUT...

Ramgator57August 26, 2023 05:22AM

I'm an 80s guy and have never seen a complete episode of "Cheers".

Ramgator92August 26, 2023 05:21AM

There are a few, maybe several, comedy sitcom's...

JamesJM83August 26, 2023 06:22AM

Seinfeld and Friends are both great comedies

ferragamo7982August 26, 2023 06:48AM

Seinfeld

SeattleRam83August 26, 2023 11:06AM

I had problems with Seinfeld as well...

JamesJM104August 26, 2023 11:38AM

Re: I had problems with Seinfeld as well...

waterfield59August 27, 2023 07:54AM

Hell on Wheels

LesBaker78August 26, 2023 03:40PM