Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Football but also.. WOW the sunset....

August 20, 2023 09:12AM
I was in Dos Palos for a youth football game yesterday. Started off very sunny, nice, but we could see it coming. I also had warning because another grandson was playing a scrimmage in Fresno, to the west, and I was getting reports and the storm hitting them was headed straight for us in Dos Palos. They had to call the scrimmage after an hour due to lightning. Then my family in Fresno headed to Dos Palos.... I never thought they'd see a single play... the storm was coming FAST.

BUT.. they started the game and didn't have to 'postpone' until 9:50 left in the 4th. As the sun went down this was behind me:

I've seen sunsets as bright, (photo doesn't do it justice), but never this big. We have remarkable sunsets in the central valley of Calif.

As for football... My grandson scored his first college TD... a 4yd run that was meant to go between the tackles but he took it outside then inside the CB. He also had a 40yd run from his 1. And in the 3 Qtrs of youth football my other grandson played... he was a beast. The game is to be continued with us leading 14-8, 9:50 left in the 4th, and the ball on our own 1yd line after a goal line stand. Could be they never finish the game since it's a non-division game and doesn't really count much in making the playoffs. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Football but also.. WOW the sunset.... Attachments

JamesJM120August 20, 2023 09:12AM

Great pic......stay safe......nm

Arkansas Ram49August 20, 2023 09:26AM

Re: Football but also.. WOW the sunset....

MamaRAMa59August 20, 2023 09:33AM

I should add.... no filter on that photo...

JamesJM57August 20, 2023 09:42AM

Re: Football but also.. WOW the sunset....

canadaram71August 20, 2023 11:58AM