Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Won't be this year, Jimmy..

August 16, 2023 10:42AM
My plan has been, since X broke up, to do all originals, but to have the CD out before I start performing.. it sounds like a great plan, and is, but soooooo difficult to get the recording done when I can decide on which drummer to take in the studio in Dallas.. The guy for Nugent I was gonna use is currently doing Nugent's last tour and is about halfway done, i think, so maybe when he's back home I'll hit him up..

Once I have the CD done and printed, then its time to put together the performance band.. I own ALL the stage props we used to use.. all the computerized DMX lighting, smoke machines, projector/screen and stuff.. I made all the videos we ran, programmed the lighting etc.. so, jumping back in is a piece of cake for me, cuz I did it all to begin with, with NO help from anyone in the band..

The singer, who initially quit and decided he was gonna DISBAND the band without so much as a band meeting, took over the Halloween show I spent 18 years building up.. They just played last Saturday night for about 40 people - mostly band member family - and will maybe pull 50 people, at most, for the Halloween show that I sold out 18 straight years. it really pisses me off that all that work went down the toilet.. there's actually a bigger club in town that I'll take over once I get rolling - really good friends with the owners and the owners know exactly how much money I can make them, because they used to work for the club i sold out for 18 years.. Once I get that rolling the old club and their hottest band that pulls in 40 people a show can kiss it.. Can you tell I'm pissed?

Hopefully you get something rolling.. I always hate to think of talent just sitting dormant.. Thank you for asking..

Friendship is like peeing your pants.. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warmth..

Image error
File not found.
open image URL

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Steve, any chance of a Halloween show this year?

JamesJM141August 16, 2023 10:15AM

Won't be this year, Jimmy..

sstrams104August 16, 2023 10:42AM

LOVE your enthusiasm....

JamesJM58August 16, 2023 10:55AM

So you need

LesBaker60August 18, 2023 03:10PM

ALWAYs need cowbell, Les...

sstrams47August 19, 2023 07:48AM

Thinking about starting a Band. Just me on Cymbals and.......

Ramgator83August 16, 2023 01:21PM

Well, never thought I'd say this...

JamesJM81August 16, 2023 01:46PM

It's the greatest musical gift

LesBaker49August 19, 2023 06:49AM

Yeah, exactly, Jimmy..

sstrams48August 19, 2023 07:50AM

That would be one rockin band...

sstrams51August 19, 2023 07:51AM