Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A boy in a man's body....

June 10, 2023 06:55AM
My youngest grandson is good friends with the son of our HS's head coach.... who plays on the same team as my grandson but is a year younger.

He's 12, AND... he's 6' 2". He's huge. So when I talk to him I'm looking at this huge boy, who towers over me. Then he speaks and.....

If my eyes were closed and I couldn't see his height I would guess 7.... that is 7 years old. laughing smiley And I don't mean the tone of his voice.... his voice is actually quite deep... but rather what he says. He's a little boy... in a man's body.

I think that has to be hard for him because without doubt kids he meets, adults he meets, are expecting a man.... but what they get is a little boy who doesn't even act 12.

Also... he's going to be a very good athlete... BUT.... his coordination ain't there yet. Makes perfect sense... 6' 2" at 12 years old? I think it must be difficult for him to see MUCH smaller players playing better than him right now.

Of course by HS Varsity time he'll have conquered his body and will probably be the best player on the team... but right now I can't help but feel sorry for him. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A boy in a man's body....

JamesJM124June 10, 2023 06:55AM

Kinda almost sounds like..

sstrams54June 10, 2023 07:33AM

Yup... a bit like that....

JamesJM48June 10, 2023 08:04AM

Make sure you tip off the Rams brass about him

NewMexicoRam56June 12, 2023 06:15PM