Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Usually I see this type of news in a notification...

May 19, 2023 02:27PM
but this one I didn't see until seeing your post, RAMbler.... and shocking it was.

I remember well his playing days.... and thinking, "Will my Rams ever have a player like him?". I knew few other football fans in those days, the NFL was NOT very popular here where I live; baseball ruled. BUT... even non-NFL friends knew Jim Brown.

I remember a quote from Jim in which he said he would have preferred professional LaCrosse to football.... I loved that quote - Not because I was a big LaCrosse fan but rather that I liked that he had a passion for the game and openly admitted it.

I like that people "whom I consider knowledgeable football fans" unanimously agree that Jim, at the very least, was one old time NFL player that without doubt could have played in today's game. When I hear anyone opine that he couldn't have, that the talent of today far surpasses his skills I know that said person opining that has got his head squarely up his ass. Not only could he have played in today's game but I think he would have been nearly, if not as much, dominate.

The term 'generational talent' is used far too casually and loosely today.... but Jim was just that, a generational talent.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

RIP Jim Brown

RAMbler87May 19, 2023 11:33AM

Re: RIP Jim Brown

SeattleRam42May 19, 2023 01:30PM

Usually I see this type of news in a notification...

JamesJM48May 19, 2023 02:27PM