Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just read about this yesterday. I have read several accounts about those Prison ships...

April 23, 2023 02:46AM
Absolutely BRUTAL! Guys would be crammed on top of each other in cargo holds, in the South Pacific heat, in pools of feces, for several days. I read an account of a POW who survived four years as a POW in Japan, where he said of the four years, the 6 days on the Prison ship was by far the worst part.

About 23 years ago, I went on board a WWII Liberty Ship that was parked here in Jacksonville on the St Johns River, for a display for 2 weeks. I recall touching the wall of that ship, that was here in May or June, and it was quite hot to the touch. Because like the tour guide said, it was just an inch or so between you and the outside. The sun was cooking that steel. And that was with some fans blowing and hatches open,
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Explorers find a World War II ship that was sunk with over 1,000 Allied POWs aboard

SeattleRam133April 22, 2023 09:23PM

Re: Explorers find a World War II ship that was sunk with over 1,000 Allied POWs aboard

SeattleRam60April 22, 2023 09:23PM

Just read about this yesterday. I have read several accounts about those Prison ships...

Ramgator78April 23, 2023 02:46AM