Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

UGH! Lost another one from my old neighborhood.

April 13, 2023 09:34AM
Ol Ed! He passed yesterday at the age of 74. He had grown up around the block from where I did. He moved back into his house when his Father passed around 1978. He was also my late Step Dad's Best Friend. You guys have heard how I OFTEN go back to my old neighborhood and just look back. Ed was the last person I knew there till he and his Wife moved an hour South of Jacksonville, about 3 years ago. Ed was a Vietnam Vet with a Purple Heart. Even when me and my Buds were snot nosed kids in the 70s, ed was always so cool to us. Ed lived next door to MY Best Friend. It was Ed that I called to confirm when I heard my friend my be dead, back in June 2012. Till he moved away, I'd often see Ed in his yard doing yard work when I'd ride through on my bike. Often, quick hellos turned to 1 hour chats about old times in the neighborhood. Like y'all know, I LOVE LOVE the old neighborhood where I grew up. This morning, I just HAD to drive over there just to see Ed's house. It hurt because it felt like a piece of my childhood passed away too. UUGH!! Being so sentimental to my past can be a booger!

Rest in peace Ed!!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

UGH! Lost another one from my old neighborhood.

Ramgator109April 13, 2023 09:34AM