Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prescriptions... What's Your Count?

April 10, 2023 09:07AM
Reading JamesJM's description of the pills he takes for high blood pressure got me to thinking.

Most of us are getting up there in age and are taking prescription drugs for some kind of ailment or another. James said he's taking 6 pills now. So it got me to wondering about the rest of us? How many prescriptions do YOU have and how many pills do you take every day?

I have hypertension, chronic kidney disease, anemia, and systemic lupus erythematosus = 8 prescriptions plus 1 over the counter..

I have 5 prescriptions for high blood pressure and take 5 pills daily. I also take Vitamin D daily over the counter.

I take 1 pill daily for the chronic kidney disease. I have 35% kidney function. The prescription is about $600 for 90 days with insurance. Without insurance, it's around $1,500. I have insurance, thank gawd. I just saw my nephrologist a couple of weeks ago and she said they won't even know if the Farxiga is helping me for another year or two. I hate having to wait that long and go through this kind of expense only to find out maybe it's not working. Nothing to do but wait and see.

I have 1 prescription for the anemia and take 1 pill daily. I don't think it's helping much, though.

I have 1 prescription for system lupus and take 2 pills daily. I haven't taken any medication for lupus in 35 years because there has been no outward activity of disease. All this time, I was told it's been dormant. But I began seeing a rheumatologist recently because of all the other health issues I've had and she's seeing some things in my bloodwork that make her think my SLE isn't dormant after all. It looks like the SLE has been quietly active on a low-level and could be the reason for the kidney disease.

What about you?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2023 09:27AM by MamaRAMa.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Prescriptions... What's Your Count?

MamaRAMa128April 10, 2023 09:07AM

Well, this is embarrassing..

sstrams81April 10, 2023 09:20AM

Re: Well, this is embarrassing..

MamaRAMa77April 10, 2023 09:24AM

Yeah, migraine injections...

sstrams64April 10, 2023 09:51AM

That explains it! I have always thought that around every third month, SST seems....

Ramgator66April 10, 2023 03:06PM

I'm like a human pincushion...

sstrams67April 11, 2023 02:11AM

11 so far.......day and night.......but....

Arkansas Ram79April 11, 2023 04:38AM