Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Came across my Motorcycle playlist recently...

April 04, 2023 01:30PM
As probably all of you know... I've ridden my bike around the entire USA now 4 times.... oops, 3... one was just to St. Louis and home... but that kind of qualifies? laughing smiley

So anyway... what did I listen too in all those miles? Well, the truth be know, I did NOT listen to a lot of music while riding... I was happy to just observe without any additional stimulation.

But I did click play occasionally. I made a main category, "Motorcycle Playlist" then sub categories that reflected the 'mood' I happened to be in. OH, and keep in mind, I like a HELL of a lot more genre of music than any of you.

Thought I'd list a few.. and why: (not at ALL a complete list... just a few I picked out) By "mood".

When riding like the wind, happy, carefree... "Jessica" by The Allmon Bros.

Voice from Heaven - "Brook Benton" and the song "Rainy Night In Georgia"... GOOD GOD this guy could sing and with him "Get Here" by Oleta Adams... whom I would sell my soul to spend one minute with. No, make that 4 minutes so she could sing the entire song.

When Pensive, reflective - "Burma Road" by Greg Adams, (don't bother, you'll hate it).

Nostalgic - "Surfin' USA" the The Beach Boys

Feeling like a Rebel "Life Is A Highway"... several versions actually - Tom Cochrane, Chris LeDoux, Rascal Flatts

Sad yet hopeful "Living Years" by The Mechanics, (only song they ever did? I don't know.. BUT.. probably the most important lyrics of all time)

Just Plain Pretty Music - "Please Come To Boston" - Dave Loggins

Inspirational - "The Boys of Fall" Kenny Chesney AND "Ave Maria" Andrea Bocelli

Go For it - Barock II... Cirque de Soleil.... ( song they put on the video of my youngest daughter and I skydiving for the first time)

We are ONE - "Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey because it's maybe the BEST connection from me and my kids.

Because it's just plain genius - "Chuck E's In Love" - Rickie Lee Jones (and of course the legendary Steve Gadd on drums)

Gonna finish with this one because... well, I like to cause trouble. This guy ain't popular for reasons I won't go into... BUT... arguably the greatest entertainer of all time:

"Man In The Mirror" - by Michael Jackson.

Did you like ANY of them? laughing smiley -

Good thing here is if you answer NO to that last question... I'm not AT ALL offended... because I want what I get out of music for everyone... and if your choices are different then GREAT... as long as you love it. JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Came across my Motorcycle playlist recently...

JamesJM104April 04, 2023 01:30PM

I know what would be at the top of my list

SeattleRam81April 04, 2023 01:38PM

That was ON my list...

JamesJM72April 04, 2023 01:56PM

NOTHNG?

JamesJM78April 04, 2023 02:52PM

Ooops...

JamesJM69April 04, 2023 02:54PM

I'm reasonably sure.....

sstrams80April 04, 2023 03:19PM

LOL, greatest reply ever. (nm)