Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just one request..

February 21, 2023 06:53AM
Please don't use the sticky glue traps - the glue pad thing where mice get stuck on the glue trap..

If you'll remember I got bit by a rat when I was 6 years old, sleeping in my bed.. bit right on the lip.. So, I had no compassion for rodents, either.. Until I made the mistake of using a glue trap in my apartment many years ago.. It was morning and I turned on the light and there was a mouse stuck on the trap.. He squealed and tried so hard to free himself, he pulled his shoulder out of socket.. then it occurred to me that if I did what the instructions told me to do - to simply throw the trap and mouse in the trash, that the mouse would still be alive, completely terrified, pulling himself to pieces to get off the trap, for hours.. maybe even days..

In that moment I realized I couldn't do that to ANY animal.. I tried to get the mouse off the trap and release him, but there was no way to do that.. once a mouse was on the glue, there was no way to release him without inflicting severe trauma.. So, I realized the mouse was already injured and there was no way out of this with a happy ending and decided to humanely end his suffering - and he WAS suffering because of self inflicted injuries trying to get off the glue..

Hell, I'm tearing up now, just reliving it.. I cannot believe I put an animal through that much suffering.. So, please don't use a glue trap.. they are, without a doubt, the most inhumane method available for getting rid of mice..

Friendship is like peeing your pants.. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warmth..

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Hard for me to be 'humane' with mice....

JamesJM98February 21, 2023 06:22AM

Just one request..

sstrams49February 21, 2023 06:53AM

Glue?

JamesJM45February 21, 2023 09:29AM

They are pads.. Attachments

sstrams40February 21, 2023 09:40AM

Yeah. It was 33 years ago when I went off on my Step Dad about those.

Ramgator39February 21, 2023 11:06AM

Witnessed the SAME thing. My Step Dad put some of those out in their Laundry Room.

Ramgator35February 21, 2023 11:04AM

Exactly.. I'd much rather someone..

sstrams38February 21, 2023 01:16PM

Re: Hard for me to be 'humane' with mice....

SeattleRam50February 21, 2023 12:28PM