Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I am very hopeful

January 08, 2023 08:45PM
We played hard until the end and here is what makes me hopeful.

Seattle was playing for their lives and it took them OT and extreme help from the refs to do so. This is mainly to do with our defense.

The defense was amazing, and overall has been pretty great. A lot of young players are getting real experience and developing into their game. Hoecht moving to the outside was a great move and he will continue to get better. Brown is showing to be a monster with more playing time! Durant is a keeper. Now imagine this same defense with Fuller back, with AD back, with Gaines or Robinson back. We have been playing great defense with some key guys out.

On special teams we have a returner and a kicker and our punter seemed to be fine.

Offense is where the problems have been, but going through so many O Linemen leaves us in better shape than we realize. Instead of waiting and then signing a Noteboom, we got to see these guys plan got a lot of tape on them, and they were playing with each other. Why that is important is there is no faking it. When you are on a starting line and sub in you are playing with guys who can cover you, but this year there was no hiding. When we get our guys healthy we will have some solid starters and some amazing depth. Sure LT and C could be improved but I do not see it as desperate as many (and as I once did). If I were going to focus on something for the offense it would be a LT.

We got to see Tutu play, Cam is back and is pretty dang good. When we get Kupp and Robinson back the time playing for the others will make them even stronger 3-5ers.

On defense we could use another pass rusher, and on offense we could use a LT but other than that I feel we are in pretty good shape.

One offseason of health, a year where most likely we won't have get our staff poached like crazy, a higher draft pick, and easier schedule all will lead to a huge bounce back season. I also feel McVay will return, there really is no other option when you really think about and having a longer off-season will help.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I am very hopeful

headslapper231January 08, 2023 08:45PM

Re: I am very hopeful

dodgerram169January 09, 2023 02:22AM