Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Terrible is not a good thing either

January 09, 2023 06:12AM
Well that was an incredibly ageist rant. The refs suck because they are old? Seniors can't see?
Only young people can run? Do refs need to run a lot? As a 60 year old who just led his baseball team in stolen bases and won the Winter league championship as a pitcher I take all these attacks personally. There's a catcher in my league who is 79 and runs down the first base line on every grounder to back up the bag. I play tennis with a 91 year old guy who hustles all over the court. Age has nothing to do with reffing. Or running. Or seeing. I agree the NFL could improve their reffing. I agree that a multi billion dollar business can hire full time officials. I think the rules need to improve. But, please, please, don't blame the lousy calls by the officials on their ages. People can shine at any age. I really don't like Tom Brady. I see him as a cheater. But, he's in his mid 40's and is having an amazing season passing the ball. Verlander is around 40 and just won the WS and Cy Young award. It is not the age. With the refs it could be lack of training, lack of skills and the most worrying lack of ethics. The best refs get rewarded with playoffs assignments. I don't think there's any punishment for horrific efforts. And in a world full of gambling can you really believe that nobody with a yellow flag in his/her back pocket doesn't have a bet on the game? They nabbed an NBA ref who was purposely changing calls to cover the spread in the playoffs. This can't/doesn't happen in the NFL? Those calls yesterday weren't just bad calls by slow aged people who weren't in position or couldn't see things. They were blatant. The running into the punter call was ridiculous. The back judge was right behind the returner. The personal foul call was obviously a bad call and Ramsey got pushed right in his face as the back judge ran to the sidelines.
A great view and no call. The non call on the grounding pass was a very obvious omission.
McVay was in total shock. And the non taunting call was flabbergasting. That gets called every time until this time. The league definitely needs to improve its officiating, but the fans too easily accept it young and old.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Refs really pushing for Packers

Ridgewood Ram177January 08, 2023 05:59PM

Re: Refs really pushing for Packers

Ridgewood Ram85January 08, 2023 06:01PM

Re: Refs really pushing for Packers

Classicalwit68January 08, 2023 06:05PM

"Pushing" ?

waterfield61January 08, 2023 07:30PM

Re: "Pushing" ?

Classicalwit65January 08, 2023 07:37PM

Re: "Pushing" ?