Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Funny how the media can spin a story- This is from two days ago

January 08, 2023 04:58PM
funny how a story about McVay NOT leaving from two days ago based on the same press conference gets very few clicks....

BUT, turn his same words around to fit a false narrative about him leaving and everyone wants to talk about it...it is a classic example of click bait media imo

Yahoo Sports
Jan 6, 2023

Rams coach Sean McVay calls TV interest 'flattering' but insists he's not ready to make the jump

Sean McVay said that, at least for 'right now,' his focus is on leading the Los Angeles Rams

Sean McVay isn’t leaving the Los Angeles Rams for a television job.

At least, not immediately.

McVay, ahead of the Rams’ season finale this weekend against the Seattle Seahawks, again shot down rumors that he is interested in joining a TV network as an NFL analyst next season.

He said the interest is “flattering,” but “I want to be here right now, focus on that, and that’s where I’m at.”

McVay, who led the Rams to a Super Bowl win last season, is, however, still open to a TV job in the future.

“[I haven’t] run away from the fact that down the line, or whenever that is, that’s something I’ve been interested in,” he said via ESPN.

McVay’s comments are similar to what he said after the team’s win in Super Bowl LVI. Shortly after the game, he responded with “We’ll see,” when asked if he’d return to coach the team the following season. He later signed an extension to remain with L.A. through the 2026 season.

McVay is wrapping up his sixth season leading the Rams in his first head-coaching job in the NFL. The Rams are just 5-11 headed into Sunday and have lost eight of their past 10 games. The playoffs are out of reach, and McVay will finish with a losing record for the first time in his career.

There’s little doubt that McVay could land an analyst job if he wanted one. And the 36-year-old has been very open about wanting to pursue other things, both professionally and personally. But for now, he said he isn't questioning wanting to coach.

"I don't know if you necessarily look at it like that as much as just ... I am going to be open and honest about the things because you care so much," McVay said via ESPN. "And it's being able to be honest with those things.

"I think that acknowledgement helps me work through it. It doesn't mean that it changes the passion and the love that you have for it."

[www.instagram.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Funny how the media can spin a story- This is from two days ago

Rampage2K-174January 08, 2023 04:58PM

I’ve read that McVay himself has gone back and forth on leaving for several days…

Rams4347January 08, 2023 05:02PM

He's just burnt out

BigGame8158January 08, 2023 05:06PM

think he leaves comes back 10 years

ferragamo7966January 08, 2023 05:13PM

Re: He's just burnt out

Rampage2K-141January 08, 2023 05:18PM

Yes, I'd bet the farm on that

BigGame8150January 08, 2023 05:23PM

Just watch his press conferences

BigGame8151January 08, 2023 05:26PM

Re: Yes, I'd bet the farm on that