Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I think Morris' strength ......

January 02, 2023 08:15AM
is his ability to connect with his players or at least our core players. I am not so sure that we couldn't do better at the position though. I realize that we had issues with positions (DB's in particular) that probably called for the off coverage zones, however I am not sure he knows when to sit people and or replace players. He seems reluctant to play guys like Lake, Yeast, even Durant for long periods of the season. I also realize some of these mentioned had injury issues, but still it looked to me they could have had a bit more play time, Lake isn't even being seen.

It also took a long time messing with OLB's who just weren't working up to potential. Not saying we found the answers with Murchenson (sp) or Hoecht (sp)....but that said he seems too slow to react to problems that pop up. He doesn't seem to look for solutions as much as trying to bury those problems. I know he has only what he has to work with, but even with that acknowledged I think he doesn't do the utmost to solve issues.

I get the idea of a bend but don't break defense, but IMO there is a slight problem arising when that bend don't break waits for mistakes that are not aggressively addressed to cause those needed mistakes. Like that INT I think Rapp had vs. the packers...it was just a bad over thrown pass, not caused by pressure just a rare mistake by Rodgers. IMO you can't wait for rare mistakes to happen to make create turnovers, that won't happen often enough.

I'd like to change him out, the core D guys may not go along, but if they choose the right guy, it would be a welcome addition for those older guys..it would not take long for the guys to accept the new guy.....I want fresh ideas with a view towards reactive defense, not a sterile looking zone that just seems to sit in space and just move towards a tackle after the initial damage is done with the catch. IMO it would refresh a guy who many think needs to be pastured....JR........It would be a mistake to trade him, a big mistake......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2023 08:16AM by roman18.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Well, is Morris back as DC next season?

oldschoolramfan178January 02, 2023 07:49AM

I think Morris' strength ......

roman18178January 02, 2023 08:15AM

Re: I think Morris' strength ......

Headslap7597January 02, 2023 08:51AM

There's 2 ways to connect

NewMexicoRam78January 02, 2023 09:00AM

The mere fact that this is a FAQ...

L.A.Rams102January 02, 2023 08:46AM

Re: Well, is Morris back as DC next season?

303088January 02, 2023 08:52AM