Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blinkscout Game 15 ... Broncos getting their coach fired.

December 27, 2022 06:33AM
You don't have to let your foot off the gas much or long to get buried in the NFL. So I like our execution even if we were playing against a Broncos team that was circling the drain. I'd expect to see life from them against the Chiefs now that the coach has been removed.

The Great

1) Carbury. Like, seriously. Three of these guys were not on rosters. I have no idea how he's doing it, but it has to be one of the greatest coaching jobs Ive ever seen for a single beleaguered unit.

2) Akers. He'll had into the last year of his contract with eyes for a real opportunity to cash in, which is rare for his position. Im not saying he'll get a huge contract, just one that will keep him in the league, likely not with us but somewhere.

3) Baker with a nuanced understanding of most plays.

4) Higbee showing up. How long do we have him for? Another year?

5) Cobie... nice game young fella.

6) Murchison ... that's quite a splash. Seems like he's a better fit for us than Tennessee.

7) Wagner. Can't believe he got pro bowl snubbed with his numbers this year.

The Good

8) Hoecht still making a case for a 300+ pound man at Rush LB. Kinda silly to run sweeps at him. Changes the type of player I'd like to draft to rush the passer. Puts Nolan Smith in the realm of possibilities. I think the Kansas state kid makes the most sense though.

9) The violence of our safety group.

10) Floyd seems to be upping his game.

11) To that point, it seems like the absence of Donald changes our pass rush and run D. Anyone have an analysis of the difference? Seems like, without him there, the offense doesn't know who to key on.

12) I like seeing Hopkins involved, is his contract up?

13) Matt Gay just killing it.

14) Designing the game plan around the defense being faced. Best 4 DBs maybe in the league ... throw to TEs and run.

The Bad

15) Aboushi being suspended.

16) Murchison getting dinged, wanted to see more.

17) How can we keep Baker? I'm sure there are plenty of ideas on that.

18) I realllllly need to see more out of Van Jefferson. I'd trade him, if possible.

College

19) During this section of bowl season I watch mainly group of five teams so my eyes can adjust to the speed and strength of the guys knowing they are playing against physically limited competition.

20) I kinda feel like we may need a big OG/OT type. I don't trust Noteboom to stay healthy, his longest streak starting is now 6 games in a row before season ending injury. Jackson may be the answer, but we still need an OG for the left side. this would allow us to take an OC later in the draft, I'm eyeballing Forsyth of Oregon in the 5th or 6th.
My question is really, do we take a bit of a brawler project like Jaelyn Duncan with the idea that he can play OLG and OLT and wait and see how Jackson/Noteboom shake out?

21) RB is 5th round at the earliest, and there we could legitimately have a successor for Akers. Ibrahim, Abanikanda, Roschon Johnson, McBride, etc. Someone will be there. It's just math.

22) The good games really start tomorrow with UNC vs. Oregon. Next day I would suggest at least recording Minnesota to watch JMS and Ibrahim. Texas/Washington should be good. The Friday UCLA PITT for the RBs ... Notre Dame SC should also be good. Saturday is good all day. Don't sleep on TCU. Duggan is a leader of men and Johnston is the most explosive WR I've seen since Julio came out AND he has the best first move I've ever seen. Miss state Illinois is the Mike Leach tribute game ... but ... it's also the air raid going up against the best secondary in the FBS. Penn State Utah should also be good.

23) Best returning draft eligible for 24' QBs, Caleb Williams, Drake Maye, Michael Penix, Austin Reed (WKY). Feel like I'm forgetting someone here. Not the Miami kid, but someone else.

24) If we lose Baker I'll be hunting backups in rounds 6 and 7. Right now I feel like I'd rather have Duggan or Haener than guys that will likely go before them. Been watching them long enough to know their leadership, toughness, and intelligence.

Okay ... thanks for reading... questions and comments welcome as always.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout Game 15 ... Broncos getting their coach fired.

alyoshamucci457December 27, 2022 06:33AM

Re: Blinkscout Game 15 ... Broncos getting their coach fired.

Rams4396December 27, 2022 06:57AM

Hopkins

alyoshamucci117December 27, 2022 07:59AM

Re: Hopkins

303065December 27, 2022 09:37AM

OzRam175December 27, 2022 08:20AM

RamsFanSince6964December 27, 2022 09:31AM

Higbee and Hopkins

LMU9393December 27, 2022 08:47AM

RamsFanSince6962December 27, 2022 09:29AM

Great stuff from the boards BEST College draft guy!

Ramsdude66December 27, 2022 11:46AM

This game has messed up a lot of my thoughts about this team

NewMexicoRam58December 27, 2022 01:34PM

Re: This game has messed up a lot of my thoughts about this team

Rampage2K-44December 27, 2022 01:47PM