Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Opinions on bad weather games?? I'm torn.

December 15, 2022 01:58AM
It's always fun to see teams play in crap weather BUT...I am not sure I like it at all when it affects the game. The 81 AFC Title was a great example. Chargers were WAY better than Cincy. I bet, even if played in Cincy, with less wind and temps in the 30s/40s, Chargers win that game going away. And they certainly beat the Niners in the Super Bowl. That game came down to Anderson being able to throw in wind and Fouts could not. Yes..BOTH QBs / teams had to deal. But that day the score was Weather 1 Chargers 0.

If it's straight up cold and no wind, that is an even playing field, IMO. Even with the Rams and Packers....It's not like the Packer players are all from the upper Midwest and the Rams all grew up hanging out on a Southern California Beach. That's where I look at the 1988 NFC Title.....The Niners smeared the Bears in very cold and breezy conditions. Montana is not a California guy! I know it's part of football but I hate seeing play stumped by weather.....MUD BOWL???? UUUGH!! I had to go there.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Opinions on bad weather games?? I'm torn.

Ramgator57December 15, 2022 01:58AM