Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

AvengerRam points out several decisions that Rams got ‘right’…

December 14, 2022 07:35AM
I agree on the first two, but the third is a tougher sell.

Here’s AvengerRam…

We didn't like it when the Rams didn't re-sign OBJ... but it looks like the Rams were right.
While we don't have all the facts, it seems fairly clear that OBJ was never going to be a factor in this year's regular season, but he wanted to be paid as if he was going to contribute immediately. So, all that talk about OJB wanting to return and loving it in L.A., and the implication that our front office was taking too hard a line... maybe just spin, huh? I don't know that the story is over. Perhaps, this offseason, when OBJ can present as a guy who will be ready to go on day 1, the Rams might get back into the discussion. I'm not going to say whether we should do so at this point. I will say, though, that the Rams were right to wait.

We didn't like it when Von Miller signed with Buffalo... but it looks like the Rams were right.
Before anyone says "there was no way to know he'd get injured"... I know that, and its not my point. My point here is that the Rams were right when they decided that they were not going to re-sign Miller AT ANY COST. The Bills, who viewed him as the final piece for their title run, absolutely overpaid him given his age. The fact that he is now likely out until, at best, late 2023, only hammers home the point. If was 27, you'd still expect to get him back at 100% some day. At 33... perhaps not. There was a big number that the Rams were willing to pay, and I would have been fine if they had. But not a blank check.

We didn't like it when the Rams drafted Tutu Atwell... but the Rams were right (sort of).
No, I'm not going to defend WHEN Atwell was taken (probably a round too soon). And no, I'm not going to address who we could have had instead (there were better options). I will, however, defend the selection against those who have suggested that Atwell is not an NFL player. He is. In the last four weeks, he's had 10 receptions, 181 yards and a TD. He's also gotten behind the defense consistently, drawing a key PI last week. He's fast. He's got good hands. Can he hold up for a full season of use? Who knows? Jacob Harris apparently can't, and he's 6'5, 211. So, ignoring the price paid and opportunities foregone, I feel like I can say that the Rams have an asset in Atwell. That was not always a given.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

AvengerRam points out several decisions that Rams got ‘right’…

Rams43206December 14, 2022 07:35AM