Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Merlin doesn’t hold back in his game review…

December 05, 2022 10:05AM
Here’s Merlin…

The play that best summarizes the plight with our defense is the long completion to Metcalf with Kendrick on an island. If that was the call then the DC needs to be fired. I presume it was not the call, though, given that the safety over the top was Rapp and of course he was floating around with this thumb in his ass vice breaking on the situation. But either way how many times will Rapp be allowed to @#$%& this defense. It is beyond ridiculous now and coaching is part of that equation simply by starting him.

They could easily sit Rapp, move Ramsey to safety instead and have him play deep. Pair him with Yeast. Corners go with Hill and Durant outside the hash, and Kendrick in the slot. Our defense would be tons better because Ramsey would adjust to safety and at least be able to know when to break on a situation to help a corner who is outgunned one on one.

But I am not angry about this game because I didn't expect to win it. Seattle is not a bad team. We are a bad team. The issue is mostly players but it's no surprise to me that certain position groups are the ones stepping up and there's a lot of coaches on this staff who need to look in the mirror.

DL being the key example there. They are missing guys but guess what, they played a hell of a game. They have a DT at Edge, no Donald, and depth up there taking key snaps. Coaching had them ready and executing well enough to keep us in the game though. Nice job by the DL coaching group and in fact it's high @#$%& time that Henderson got an offseason promotion because he's that coach who routinely has his unit playing balls out.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Merlin doesn’t hold back in his game review…

Rams43184December 05, 2022 10:05AM

Re: Merlin doesn’t hold back in his game review…

SoCalRAMatic99December 05, 2022 10:10AM