Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The problem with a team like this is......

December 05, 2022 04:35AM
you were set up to contend and it went south a bit when you had a guy like Miller set, signed and delivered (so they thought) and he went out the door. They let a 2nd and 3rd rounder go because they felt for sure he was in the fold long term. Losing him forced moves they considered would be only in injury times to become a starter need.

When a team loses so much roster to injury every game you play has to be played to near perfection with a roster ripe with irregulars (as in clothing) something is wrong/missing in each player you have to choose from. This calls into the issues of play calling...IMO Sean has done a passable job if not better IF he had an injury free roster, he doesn't and his play calling has been subjective at best, bad at worst.

Morris is in the same boat as Sean IMO......questions always come out after a game, why did they do this, why do they do that?

I have always been in the minority (I like him) with TuTu, and by gosh it looks more and more like he was misused by not using him, and also seemingly using him as a one trick pony at that. Why is Morris using Long and Kendrick and Rapp so much at this time? IMO Kendrick has become lazy in his play due to the large cushions the afford the O....he doesn't break on a ball at all, he sits and takes a "try" at a tackle or closes in to knock a guy out of bounds...after the catch and crows about it when he succeeds. Long is a complete loss, in college he was considered a good shut down CB, or so I thought I read....he misses tackles and is always out of place, even in a soft zone deal. Rapp is a man of his own it seems, I saw him wondering the wrong way, Wags yelling at him to reposition he ignores it, reacts too slow and a Time Out was needed, they wasted a Time Out on him. Through out the year Jalen has had the same issues with him.

I saw Durant come in and play towards the end, a small sample, but the guy actually was breaking up balls and seemed to play around the ball much more then either Long or Kendrick, but he is at the bottom of the list...WHY?

Yeast comes in and takes a head off, has big time emotion but he can't supplant Rapp? WHY? Still waiting to see what Lake offers he is from prime NFL blood too.....WHY am I waiting to see him?

The offensive play calling by Sean is numbing....why does he think that Wolford has an arm like Matthew? TuTu sure was breaking wide open on the fly route and Wolford is not only late on the throw, it was wobbly and floating as well. WHY? They have the ball inside the red zone (hard enough for this team to get there anyway) the run game is working well, he starts throwing the ball 1, 2 3...and FG.....a TD there makes it a game the hawks can't win at the end with a TD. We get a great turn over on that crazy fumble and instead of going at least half a$$ed aggressive we do a run up the middle, 2 passes and get ZERO out of the take away.....

Yes the D funked it at the end, but as I say this team is so far from being able to play to a perfect game it has to make things happen when the rare chances come up.....the play calling isn't assisting and the players they are putting in make that doubly bad.....

The D was making plays pretty much through out the game...at least as well as they could with Mr. All World out....Ramsey can't even make one slip up without it becoming the finger point....3 sacks, a fumble an INT but it's off set by Long and Kendrick playing something other than football....On O you have the run game going and choose to pass at odd times and when a turn over occurs at near mid field you go into a shell on that 1st down.....

Sorry this is so long and rambling but over all I think when a team as screwed as this 1 misses a chance to stick it too a rival and you come up short, not so much because of the lack of talent, but the actions of so few over those who played very well, some of those guys who played well have been maligned or ignored for the whole year....That game sucked to high heaven, can they play with that much emotion again, or are they a 3 win team?

I was secretly hoping for an outside chance to have a +500 record, and now it's shot for sure, that sucks..only thing to hang a hat on is shot.....
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The problem with a team like this is......

roman18240December 05, 2022 04:35AM

+1....hit the nail on the head........nm

Arkansas Ram76December 05, 2022 04:46AM

good post, Roman nm

21Dog52December 05, 2022 05:24AM

They finally figured out Bobby Evans shouldn't dress

stlramz107December 05, 2022 06:11AM

Re: They finally figured out Bobby Evans shouldn't dress

Ramstien146December 05, 2022 07:02AM

This post is a doozy, roman…

Rams43100December 05, 2022 06:48AM

Re: The problem with a team like this is......

Ramstien96December 05, 2022 07:00AM