Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Not THIS D! LOTS of observers on the field.

November 29, 2022 04:59AM
Ramgator
Saw that on game number 1 and several other plays through the season. Ramsey is a big culprit of that. Cannot recall which but I saw one of our LBers flat out STOP on an active play. Granted, the ball carrier was about 12 yards away but made a cut back that MIGHT have not been there had the NON performer been there. Stat wise, the D is far from the worst I have seen by the Rams. But they are among the softest and LAZIEST bunch I have ever seen.

Agreed! Too many "spectators" and not enough "gladiators"! lol

I think this is directly related to the "softness" of the "Charmin Shell" that Morrishmello is running. It's not meant to be aggressive but just the opposite. "Keep everything in front of you" THEN react when needed is a very passive way to play. It's basically a glorified prevent Defense.

It's hard to just "flip a switch" and start to play more physical after "retreating" on every down instead of "attacking". We have a few players that seem out of place due to their physicality but not many.

Nick Scott comes to mind for me. A tough aggressive hard hitting player that stands out among a group of players being taught to "let the action come to YOU" instead of "go TO the action" and MAKE something happen.

Maybe we do have some other players that could be more aggressive if given a chance to show it? I guess we'll never know as long as the "Stay Puff Man" is our DC! rolled eyes smiley

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

"Swarming to the Ball"

Ramsdude194November 29, 2022 03:39AM

Re: "Swarming to the Ball"

Ramstien68November 29, 2022 03:52AM

Not THIS D! LOTS of observers on the field.

Ramgator133November 29, 2022 04:50AM

Re: Not THIS D! LOTS of observers on the field.

Ramsdude50November 29, 2022 04:59AM

Re: "Swarming to the Ball"

Classicalwit48November 29, 2022 05:38AM

Agreed but

Ramsdude45November 29, 2022 05:44AM