Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cooper Kupp to have tightrope surgery on injured ankle

November 15, 2022 08:58AM
Link

Rams receiver Cooper Kupp may have avoided a worst-case scenario with his ankle injury. But Los Angeles’ best offensive player will still be out for several weeks.

Head coach Sean McVay told reporters on Tuesday that Kupp will undergo tightrope surgery for his high-ankle sprain and will be placed on injured reserve.

While Kupp’s surgery will require about five-to-six weeks for him to recover, McVay did not rule Kupp out for the rest of the season. Kupp will have to spend at least four weeks on IR.

A six-week absence would have Kupp back in time for the last games of the season against the Chargers and Seahawks. But with the Rams at 3-6 heading into Sunday’s game at New Orleans, it’s in many ways hard to see Los Angeles playing meaningful games in Weeks 17 and 18.

Kupp was last year’s AP offensive player of the year after leading the league with 145 catches, 1,947 yards, and 16 receiving touchdowns. He then caught 33 passes for 478 yards with six touchdowns in four postseason games as the Rams won Super Bowl LVI and he took home Super Bowl MVP.

In 2022, Kupp has 75 catches for 812 yards with six touchdowns.

Without Kupp, Allen Robinson likely becomes the top receiving option for L.A. But with Kupp, the team is just 29th in points scored and 31st in total yards.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ramsdude279November 15, 2022 08:58AM

Averages 4 weeks to complete recovery

NewMexicoRam88November 15, 2022 09:14AM

One could make an argument that poor MvVay decisions cost both Stafford and Kupp…

Rams43120November 15, 2022 09:14AM

Don't forget the dodged bullet at the end of the SF game with Kupp (nm)

BigGame81105November 15, 2022 09:16AM

Re: Don't forget the dodged bullet at the end of the SF game with Kupp (nm)

Classicalwit81November 15, 2022 10:52AM

21Dog94November 15, 2022 11:01AM

Ridgewood Ram77November 15, 2022 05:13PM

in no way should he come back this year

LMU9392November 15, 2022 09:31AM