Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I thought it was odd too.

November 13, 2022 08:26PM
I wonder the timing though. I seem to recall Kliff was going to come to the Rams staff and then was hired by the Cards.

Perhaps then is when the discussion was held.

I totally get what you are saying, why not a guy like that - that already TOTALLY KNOWS you and your system, for YOU rather than your rival.

I've always been of the school of thought that you structure your QB1, QB2, QB3 as follows:

1. Starter
2. Grizzled vet capable of winning a few games
3. Developmental guy with real upside.

Its like we got our starter and then 1 guy that doesn't seem to have "it" and a 3rd guy that maybe the developmental guy but shouldn't be anywhere near the field at this point.

RustyRay
I was really disgusted to hear that McVay suggested Colt McCoy to his pal Kingsbury and the Cards...told him to go get him, leader, a hard worker, and can play as well.

Couldn't have used him as the Rams backup QB...same with Case Keenum why he isn't with the Rams anymore is beyond me as well.. He may have wanted to leave to start but he was a heck of a backup QB and could win games like the one today and maybe last week since Stafford was messed up against the Bucs as well.

Was anyone else kinda pissed off hearing that? Why would you suggest a player you know is solid and that you could use yourself to a Division Rival? McCoy dominated the fantastic Rams D much like Jimmy G does...He is happy to take what the D gives you and it pays off against the Rams. The Rams tightened it up in the 2nd half and Long Jr got beat a few times...one was just a great throw and catch against excellent coverage.....tip your cap there...short throws that are there all day long if you want to take them...pitch and catch, pitch and catch....The Rams seem to ignore the backup QB which makes zero sense.

I wanted them to draft the QB from NC last year so badly...he was there well into the 5th round... he has the talent to coach up and teach and learn behind Stafford and then take over when Matt retires in 4 or 5 years. I sure hope they spend a third or 4th round pick on a decent talent this up coming draft. Get a QB who can move as well.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I have to mention this...

RustyRay327November 13, 2022 07:56PM

Coaches and their clones

Ekern55153November 13, 2022 08:26PM

I thought it was odd too.

stlramz166November 13, 2022 08:26PM

McVay has his fingerprints on a lot of questionable personnel decisions of lateā€¦

Rams4389November 14, 2022 06:52AM

Re: I have to mention this...

Classicalwit125November 14, 2022 07:42AM