Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Merlin with a few choice words on Ram shortcomings…

November 10, 2022 01:55PM
Here’s Merlin…

I am most disappointed with the OL. Most of McVay's struggles in his epic five year run with us have been related to OL play and the fact that a budget OL tends to suffer vs quality fronts. And I get that some moves are not going to work. Boom by himself was a rational attempt to get a LT on a budget. Bruss by himself was not so bad of a choice either, but these things are magnified when your depth options can't handle the load. Hindsight on OL is that they went with a bit too much risk and I don't blame them but it is what it is.

Second largest annoyance is the RB room. How we end up with the same @#$%& 3 RBs who have never been good enough (Hendy, Akers, Brown) is maddening to me. Makes me feel like I am on crazy pills. I give them credit for choosing a RB in the draft, however perhaps our next back can be a little bit less passcatchy and have some gravitas to his run style.

Also the secondary got way too thin last season and we didn't pay for that because of Von and the defensive front dominating. I think going forward they are aware they need help at safety and more quality at corner at the top. Rest of this schedule gives Kendrick and Durant a chance to show what they can do but if they want roles they're gonna have to show well. Because otherwise the Rams will add another corner as they will have no choice. Depth is fantastic we just need that second and third corner playing with more consistency.

And of course we knew edge would be a problem. This team desperately needs a blindside rush threat. Going into the offseason that is job one, barring a miracle where Hardy is a revelation, which is a longshot at best.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Merlin with a few choice words on Ram shortcomings…

Rams43377November 10, 2022 01:55PM

My bad 43

RamsDynasty142November 11, 2022 02:44AM

It's the low hanging fruit

3030113November 11, 2022 04:42AM

Re: Merlin with a few choice words on Ram shortcomings…

droopy95November 11, 2022 05:00AM

Re: Merlin with a few choice words on Ram shortcomings…

Killrazor68November 11, 2022 07:23AM