Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blinkscout Game 8 Bucs ...

November 08, 2022 12:32PM
First and foremost ... note that the way the game ended is likely to create a trauma response in all die hard Ram fans. Getting beat by a Brady drive of 50 plus yards in less than a minute with one chunk play and 3-4 smaller plays is etched on us in a way most fans won't ever have to deal with.
So I'm taking the Anti-Stafford and Mcvay stuff with a larrrrrge grain of salt.

There are plenty of things to address, and also plenty of things that went well. This year has been nuts. The Bucs are a half game better than us, but division leaders. There's still plenty of room, as I said to my brother, "if we just freaking play better" ... we're not talent deprived.
McVay has been creative with an abundance of talent, now he has to be creative with bringing guys back into the fold after injury and helping create chemistry on the offensive line, which is talented enough save one player who needs to be replaced, and we're getting Shelton back soon ... right?
The rest is on McVay to scheme ... and he's not exactly doing that.

My issue that I'm worried about. He has lost too many coaches. The newer assistants might be hesitant to challenge the boy wonder genius super bowl champ. He may not be getting the range of ideas that every coach needs in order to make adjustments, ESPECIALLY AT HALF TIME. Also, his expectations might not be being challenged.

The Great

1) Defense stood strong until they were literally exhausted. And even then it came down to really one bust letting Otten go in the middle of the field.

2) Seeing Kupp streak down the field for a loing TD with his 4.62 speed is always worth it.

3) Darrel Henderson with some juice.

The Good

4) Save one player, I thought the O line held up.

5) The throw to A Rob and that catch was a thing of beauty.

6) Powell's Punt return. This is one of my issues. This kid is electric, why does he not have 5-8 touches a game? I'd WR screen him and end around and create plays designed for his talents. We were SO bad on first down and I can't help but think that WR screen with him would get 5-8 almost every time. That's just basic stuff, not even trying to create plays for him. Asset being underused.

7) Nick Scott's violence is appreciated.

8) Gaines and co drawing penalties.

9) Wagner FG block was pretty random lol

10) We hold the 44th pick in next year's draft unless we get better.

The Bad

11) Van Jefferson's usage. I'm seeing he's not up to speed. I'm seeing him uncomfortable. When easing someone back into a college game, you'll always hear the announcers say "give him something easy for his confidence" ... I have no idea if McVay just ignores the psychological aspect, but Van should have gotten a jet sweep or WR screen or something easy to get the ball in his hands. He had 4 targets and not one catch. That was an infuriating thing to watch.

12) Being the reason TB gets back into the playoff race. Blech.

13) The fact that I look forward to Malcolm Brown's runs to see if he still has juice.

14) Rushing offense for all but 2 plays.

15) Holding on the Punt Return.

16) What is the deal with dropped INTs?

17) Letting Otten get open in the middle of the field.

The Ugly

18) 3 3 and outs in the 4th quarter.

19) Our second half adjustments on both sides of the ball.

20) We all know who it is.

College

21) TCU is just a good watch.

22) Bama has 2 losses.

23) Talent on offense is wild this year, definitely one sided. There is solid chase LB play but CB and D line are weak save a few players. Safety always has some shine to it because it's an intelligence thing. This high in the draft I'd love an edge ... but I'm not seeing the kind of talent that would warrant a pick at 44 over a RB or OG.
Case in point, Will Anderson has been the AA stud on Bama's defense. I'm not really impressed. Like is he 1st round good? Yes. Top 10? Not seeing it.

24) I'm looking at slinky route running WRs late. I miss Robert Woods is likely all I'm saying, but if Rashee Rice slides to the 5th I'm taking him. Note ... there may be a WR I'd take at 44. TE is so deep I wouldn't even pick Sam Laporta or Dalton Kincaid until the 3rd.

25) There's a great thread on RBs from last week. And just to note, it's twice as talented and deep as the thread would suggest.

Questions and comments welcome.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout Game 8 Bucs ...

alyoshamucci326November 08, 2022 12:32PM

Re: Blinkscout Game 8 Bucs ...

Rampage2K-135November 08, 2022 12:53PM

I'm interested in seeing what ARob can do..

sstrams143November 08, 2022 01:05PM

Re: I'm interested in seeing what ARob can do..

Rampage2K-94November 08, 2022 01:11PM

That WAS a sweet catch...

sstrams68November 08, 2022 01:17PM

Re: I'm interested in seeing what ARob can do..

ramBRO65November 08, 2022 02:04PM

agree about Jefferson

LMU93154November 09, 2022 03:35AM

Who are your late round QB prospects?

3030166November 09, 2022 04:37AM

Re: Who are your late round QB prospects?

alyoshamucci66November 10, 2022 08:17AM