Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: I don't Expect Edwards back this year

November 06, 2022 04:51AM
I'm seeing a ton of anti-Evans talk here. The one game I saw live versus the Panthers he played pretty well. I don't think anyone was ready for the Bills game and the Niners have particularly strong DL and they do a lot of moves and stunts which is hard for a lesser experienced LG to pick up. I'm not saying the Evans is the world's greatest LG because he is supposed to be tackle depth, but I don't see him as a necessary target for ridicule either.
I find it odd that he and Atwell , a young WR who rarely plays, are this year's scapegoats.
I'm not really into blaming players who are trying their best on a team I love, but if we must finger point there are pls try if others who have for whatever reason played poorly in our mediocre start. I think overall it's a combo of many things. Obviously, losing so many OL and having VJ out has really affected our offense.
ARob hasn't really emerged although he did look good against the Panthers. Our RBs have not done well especially Akers but much of that is also due to the poor OL play. The D has been pretty boring with a successful bend but don't break scheme with low sacks and turnovers created. They won't outright lose us games but the lack of aggression may cost us eventually.
On STs we had a punt blocked twice. That is very bad. We have a big turnover in the coaching staff and they may not be a cohesive group yet. I still am confident we will have a playoff run in the end and am still smiling since we won it all last season.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

When do Shelton and Edwards return?

ferragamo79282November 05, 2022 08:00AM

Edwards got a second one

Ram_Ruler122November 05, 2022 08:19AM

Re: When do Shelton and Edwards return?

Rampage2K-171November 05, 2022 08:51AM

Re: When do Shelton and Edwards return?

Classicalwit141November 05, 2022 09:38AM

I don't Expect Edwards back this year

den-the-coach80November 06, 2022 04:28AM

Re: I don't Expect Edwards back this year