Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

That goes without saying, for me anyway....

November 02, 2022 07:39AM
I think what's needed, both O and D, is present and has been on the field. I never saw this team as 'one guy away', (be it edge or RB help) which is why I wasn't that intrigued by the trade deadline... that was important, no doubt... but the turnaround, if it's to come, is dependent on the current players MORE than getting that 'one guy'... which I'm all FOR I should add.

I'm of the opinion that the play calling has been largely, not exclusively, responsible for the O woes. While readily acknowledging that the OL is "the" biggest issue - - - - the Ram's have, (even if seldom, no where near enough), shown they have the ability to work with a sub-standard OL. In the running game I don't think Rivers, (representing my alma mater), is the answer but I DO think he could be part of 'weathering the storm' until a better solution is found, (rises up?), and put in place.

On D I think the 'fix' is a lot more easily addressed - and yes, I know some believe they're fine as is.... and perhaps so, with the O getting their @#$# together they should get to the playoffs - - - but against the better teams no... I think they need to get better. Buff and the Niners dismantled them... IMHO... can our D adapt and give the better teams a battle? I think so... which brings up...

press coverage, discussed here recently and I found the back and forth extremely interesting. I think it should be tried... others are 'sure' they can't because of personnel. Well, I'm NOT sure of that. I DO think the 'switch' would be a learning process because they simply haven't done it enough to be good at it.... but I stop short of 'they can't do it'.

I'm no where near giving up on THIS season. But that's me and without question I can be accused of wearing rose colored glasses. But at the same time I don't think I lose sight of the very real problems the Ram's are having.

I don't think the Ram's are looking at 'insurmountable problems'.... difficult ones to be sure.... and while McVay DOES worry me, I admit, at the same time I think he's up to the task. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams won the Super Bowl....This season is nowhere near over! McVay is not that type of HC.

oldschoolramfan192November 02, 2022 05:41AM

Re: Rams won the Super Bowl....This season is nowhere near over! McVay is not that type of HC.

SoCalRAMatic89November 02, 2022 05:59AM

That goes without saying, for me anyway....

JamesJM109November 02, 2022 07:39AM

Are there any coach's who don't have a desire to win?

NewMexicoRam87November 02, 2022 07:56AM

Was it 2007?? Patriots are cruising to an undefeated season...

Ramgator48November 02, 2022 08:01AM