Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

John Lynch explains how Rams influenced their pursuit of McCaffrey…

October 22, 2022 07:06AM
John Lynch explains how Rams influenced 49ers’ pursuit of Christian McCaffrey

[theramswire.usatoday.com]

The 49ers took a page out of the Rams’ book this week when they made a blockbuster trade for Christian McCaffrey. It’s a move you’d expect Les Snead and the Rams to make, but this time it was a different NFC West team that made a splash.

During his media session Friday, 49ers GM John Lynch described how the Rams influenced their pursuit of McCaffrey. He tried to get a deal done with the Panthers earlier because he knew the Rams have a knack for going big.

KNBR
@KNBR
·
Follow
John Lynch discusses how the Rams' interest in McCaffrey influenced 49ers, and how he tried to get the deal done early:

"I was trying to because I know their propensity to come in late and go big. I was trying to get it done before, but that wasn't going to happen."

Lynch declined to say whether the 49ers felt extra motivated to trade for McCaffrey in order to keep him away from the Rams, but that’s certainly an added bonus for them.

Tim Kawakami
@timkawakami
·
Follow
Asked Lynch if part of this was the 49ers just having to keep McCaffrey away from the Rams. Lynch, after a slight pause and a smile: "I'm glad he's not there."

Tim Kawakami
@timkawakami
Lynch said he focuses on 49ers' situation, not the Rams' moves: "But I also know the fastest way to success in our league's winning your division. It seems like a lot of these situations end up where it's us against them in these things. I'm sure glad he's here and not there."
1:26 PM · Oct 21, 2022

The Rams won’t have to wait long to face the 49ers’ new RB, getting him in Week 8 after their bye – the second straight game they’ll go up against McCaffrey.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

John Lynch explains how Rams influenced their pursuit of McCaffrey…

Rams43219October 22, 2022 07:06AM

was hoping that Rams would have returned fire before the game next week

Rampage2K-69October 22, 2022 09:50AM