Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Comparison is not apt, but...

October 20, 2022 07:27PM
... how much (NO FAIR LOOKING IT UP!) did Beastmode Marshawn Lynch play at?

227, 235, 218, or 237?

Marshawn played bigger than his metrics, too. Not saying Rivers is a Marshawn, but his seting up and using blocks, lateral movement, ability to step out of tackles, stutter step, seeing and accelerating through open cutback lanes doesn't look small. He showed on his one fourteen-yard play that these things transfer to the NFL level. He's still a kid - and has growth potential, with NFL training, plenty of hi-pro smoothies, frozen pizza, and extra bowls of Wheaties every morning, to add some pounds.

It will be interesting to see where his ceiling is. Appreciate 21q's Bulldog familiarity with him and would like to hear more. Also iunterested to learn that Alyo had him higher than Williams.

I don't see the point of throwing draft capital on another separate-but-sorta-equal running bvack when we have untapped potential on the roster. I'd rather see blocking up front for these kids, viz. another one or two blue-collar vet OL, lunchpail carrying journeyman pro types.

If we're going to spend draft capital and players in a trade, and IF an edge rusher who could contribute long term is available, then pull the trigger.

It'll be interesting to see what Snead is negotiating as we speak. We wring our hands, wonder what and why, and he surprises us.

BTW: Correct answer: Beastmode pushed the pile, got tough yeards, fell forward on bigger guys trying to tackle him, got extra yards, trucked DB's at 218. Played to my eye at at least 225 to 235.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Stu Jackson on Kyren Williams…

Rams43663October 20, 2022 02:55PM

I had Ronnie rivers above him.

alyoshamucci199October 20, 2022 04:53PM

21Dog described Rivers well....

JamesJM214October 20, 2022 05:05PM

Comparison is not apt, but...

mtramfan180October 20, 2022 07:27PM

Re: I had Ronnie rivers above him.

mtramfan115October 20, 2022 08:56PM

Re: Stu Jackson on Kyren Williams…