Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Re:Morris or the O line?

October 17, 2022 05:53AM
mtramfan
The O line came out of a players-only position meeting after the Dalas game.

They undoubtedly hashed some things out, got real specific as to who was and wasn't doing what, and undoubtedly came out of the meeting with a message for their coach. What that message consisted of was handled strictly in-house and we'll never know. Nor should we.

I didn't get to watch today's game. From what I read here the O line got mixed and changed a couple of times and (albeit against the Panthers) prformed well. The game plan and playcalls were not one-dimensional. Different players got into the mix.

Most important, and most telling to me, was McVay's giving game balls to the O line, starting with Havenstein - the guy who called the meeting.

Messge received.

And coach not only said roger that, he honored that with the game balls.

The backstory here would make a good script, but we'll never see the movie.

The Morris line was "tongue & cheek." It was meant only for a few posters who said some pretty crazy things (without proof, of course) last season. They know who they are.

As for the O-line's performance yesterday...

For the first-half, it was the same that we've seen for the past 3 - 4 games (i.e. missed assignments, poor blocking, no physicality, etc.). But it was a different story in the 2nd half as the play-calling and concepts seemed to change. We saw less empty backfield concepts and more, what I would call, 11-personnel concepts circa 2018. This included more jet-sweeps, more "eye-candy" motion, and bootlegs. Anyone was liable to get a touch which kept the defense on its toes. The slightest bit of hesitation on the defense resulted in a few extra yards for Henderson and a fraction of a second of extra time for Stafford to find Robinson.

You saw a coach help his beleaguered O-line with better play-calling.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams Score 24 Points. I Think Morris Gave McVay A Talkin' To

ramBRO301October 16, 2022 03:54PM

Re:Morris or the O line?

mtramfan106October 16, 2022 07:48PM

Re: Re:Morris or the O line?

ramBRO120October 17, 2022 05:53AM