Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

So what if Whit comes back?

October 16, 2022 07:22PM
The article says you don't have to spend a high pick on a RB and then says the Rams value RB too much by spending picks in the first 5 rounds. The OL is only in trouble because of injuries. Some of these players will come back. V Jefferson will also come back. If the Rams were able to coax Whit back then a healthy McCaffery could completely turn the offense around and into a top 5 offense.

Get him cheap this year? Maybe but then you would have to rework that contract. IMO I think we would have to determine his value after watching him in the offense for the remainder of the season.

However, I don't trust that he will stay healthy. And for that reason alone I am not really interested. I like Henderson and trust that there are safer options... however safe doesn't win you Super Bowls and despite their problems at the moment... they are still in their window.... at least for a few more games.

Edit: So this of course is hypothetical. The point is that if the Rams got some guys back and were able to shore up the OL a little, I think a RB with McCaffery's ability would show a significant improvement. Maybe more than I am giving it credit for. If Noteboom is out with an achilles it puts the Rams in an even more precarious spot. If its possible for Whitworth to come back, and I don't know if it is, he says he trains hard every day... and one of the reasons he left was to let Noteboom start... I can't imagine I am the only one questioning it as a possibility. He and McVay are good friends...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2022 07:50PM by Atlantic Ram.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Why Rams should pass on blockbuster McCaffrey tradeā€¦

Rams43261October 16, 2022 08:14AM

So let's put this notion to rest

mtramfan99October 16, 2022 08:47AM

So what if Whit comes back?

Atlantic Ram110October 16, 2022 07:22PM