Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Jalen Ramsey confident in Rams preparations for the Panthers…

October 15, 2022 05:56AM
Jalen Ramsey confident in defense's preparation for Panthers

[theramswire.usatoday.com]

Preparation will be a key part of the Los Angeles Rams’ next win, and after a two-game skid that saw the team fall below .500 for the first time in what feels like forever, they need to taste victory this weekend in the worst way. Their opponent, the Carolina Panthers, should present an easy target, though nothing is ever as easy as it seems in the NFL.

Superstar cornerback Jalen Ramsey is one of the most notorious film-buffs in the league and knows a thing or two about finding his opponents’ tendencies. He spoke to reporters on Friday about how he felt the Rams’ game plan for this week’s challenge and gave a favorable opinion about the strategy they have in place.

Buy Rams Tickets
When explicitly asked about what he has seen in linebacker Earnest Jones’ preparation for the challenge of taking on the Panthers’ offense, Ramsey seemed bullish on the second-year stud’s outlook for the game, and also that of the defense at large.

“I feel like we’ve been, not just him and not just the linebackers, just everybody on the defense, we’ve been really focused,” He said. “We’ve been having a good week of preparation again. So we look to go out there and have a good game. Regardless, if he’s on him or Bobby [Wagner] or whoever, we trust them and if not, we got their back, regardless.

“So it is what it is. But I think we’ll be in good shape. I think we’ll be prepared to go put on a good performance on the defensive end of the ball. Hopefully we can capitalize on…maybe the ball will bounce our way this week, or we can force some turnovers, and we can limit explosives, some things that we try to pride ourselves on, helping out the team as much as we can. So I think it’ll come together for us.”

This matchup won’t be a cakewalk by any means, but Los Angeles has a clear advantage over Carolina on paper. With their Super Bowl pedigree and a chip on their collective shoulders, the Rams’ roster is ready to prove that their most recent slide is just a rough patch and won’t lead to a wasted 2022 campaign.

If Ramsey’s analysis is any indication, fans should expect sparks to fly when the team takes on the Panthers, and for the defense to play with their hair on fire in all four quarters.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Jalen Ramsey confident in Rams preparations for the Panthers…

Rams4397October 15, 2022 05:56AM