Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A few thoughts…

October 12, 2022 08:37AM
Just a few opinions I have to share.

Boom is playing hurt. A knee injured earlier. So I’m gonna cut him some slack as he heals. He likely would have been rested and Jackson subbed in except for all the injuries inside which forced Jackson to become our RG starter.

Look, hindsight is always 20-20. But knowing what rams knew in offseason I have no quarrel with their OL decisions. Who could reasonably foresee this tsunami of interior OL injuries within 4-5 weeks of the season?

I loved the triage reference earlier, it’s the perfect term for our current situation. Our FO is like a hospital team dealing with the aftermath of a big earthquake or hurricane.

Myself, I applaud the signings of Aboushi and Skura. Had to give them some time to assimilate the playbook while trotting out Kolone and Evans, but now it looks like they will start vs Panthers. A perfect team to start the gelling process. Kudos to Rams for staying calm while making 2 solid moves.

Anchrum and Bruss are gone for the season but both could be solid contributors in the future. Meanwhile, Allen’s return is just around the corner and Shelton will be available in the not too distant future.

The loss of Edwards is a small one. He was underperforming this year, probably because Whit was no longer next to him. Edwards was always gonna be a goner by next offseason. Either Aboushi or Shelton seem to be upgrades at that LG spot, frankly.

I predict that this ‘triaged’ OL will be significantly better than what we were seeing lately right from the jump. I further predict that as they start gelling together that this OL might ascend to top third status by playoff time.

Finally, I want to remind all that every team, every year, at every position always qualifies their projections with the proviso that it’s ‘barring injuries’. Well, Rams crapped out on that ‘barring injuries’ thing. Hell, we’re starting a 3rd string OC between a pair of 4th string OG’s, for crying out loud. Can’t decide whether to laugh or cry about that.

BTW, all this talk about OL woes doesn’t absolve others that have failed to do their respective damned jobs.

Coaches
QB
RB
WR (Allen Robinson)
TE (Hopkins with his suspension)
Edge
Long snapper
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A few thoughts…

Rams43162October 12, 2022 08:37AM