Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Injuries RAMPANT across the NFL! Go ahead and laugh but I think I have an idea.

October 10, 2022 11:10AM
Size restrictions!! Have a set weight based on height....based on position. I mentioned the whole weight lifting thing about a week or two ago. From POP WARNER up, it's SIZE! SIZE! SIZE!! The workouts football players are doing...MANY wrecking their bodies with them BEFORE they get to High School, are terrible for joints and general growth. How many times have we seen players make a simple turn and SNAP!!!!! their career is DONE! (Jamaal Anderson of the Falcons comes to my mind) Remember in the 70s and well into the 80s, it was NOTHING to see an entire O line play a season. You might have a player or two miss a game or two with a strain. But these days??? We get what the Rams are going through. I remember in the early to mid 80s, we had Bill Bain on the line. At 305 lbs, he was HUUUGE!! Now? He is a midget! These guys are TOO big. How they get there is part of the problem. Add that with them colliding at crazy speeds and........ I KNOW it sounds laughable. But there is NO denying that injuries are getting bad. The line "They are just a part of the game" should not let the increasing problem be ignored. And remember...... How many rules have been added since the 80s to make the game "Safer"????? How's that working out??
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Injuries RAMPANT across the NFL! Go ahead and laugh but I think I have an idea.

Ramgator152October 10, 2022 11:10AM