Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Monday thoughts, a few numbers and...a silver lining?

October 10, 2022 04:34AM
Random reactions (pure opinion):

I think their problems really start and end on the offensive line. I really do. Sure, they could use more edge rushing help and get some injured DBs back. And two blocked punts right up the gut in 5 games is unacceptable. But it's the offensive line that is anchoring this team down. And it's not just one guy. Edwards was awful even before getting hurt again. The tackles were bad. This was jail break stuff pretty much all day vs. Dallas.

Without actually doing it, if I was to rough rank the Rams in the league right now I'd probably have them around 15th-17th overall.

A few numbers:
- the Rams are 30th in the league in points differential (-36). Still relatively early in the year but that is typically a pretty telling stat later in the season as to who's who.
- The defense is actually giving up fewer points/game so far than in 2021. 18.6 PPG by the defense (not counting defensive TDs, the safety by Powell vs. ATL, etc.) vs. 19.5 last year. Through 5 games last year they were giving up 21.8 PPG. Again, not that the Rams' defense has been great. But just saying. As Jourdan said, 17 points allowed last week should have been enough. 15 this week should have been enough....

Final thought... a silver lining?
How many top-tier defenses do the Rams still have to play? Because they're now 0-3 vs. very good defenses. They have SF again. Tampa. That's really it. In fact they play quite a few bottom tier defenses going forward. Not saying they are going 10-2 the rest of the way by any means. @KC and @GB are tough (though I think the Packers are also a middle-of-the-road team). But if they can get right vs. CAR and get healthier through the Bye week they might be in a more positive position for the final 11 games. I think 10-7 is still in reach. Though it might mean winning their final 3 games of the year to get there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2022 04:36AM by LMU93.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Monday thoughts, a few numbers and...a silver lining?

LMU93206October 10, 2022 04:34AM

well said nm

21Dog108October 10, 2022 05:02AM

Beat Carolina. 3-3 at the BYE

BigGame8176October 10, 2022 05:23AM

Re: Beat Carolina. 3-3 at the BYE

Thirtymac, The Intrepid Ram122October 10, 2022 05:26AM

Don't snooze on the panthers.....

roman1889October 10, 2022 05:40AM