Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

couldn't watch the game...

October 09, 2022 10:06PM
I was watching my grandson's football game, which takes precedence.... So read this from that perspective...

I followed on the app SCORE... and also tried to read the Game Time Forum as much as possible... which wasn't a lot.

From what I read.. both in the app and this board.... I have to wonder if there was ANYTHING good that happened in today's game other than Kupp's long TD. Had to be, of course, but someone like me reading the game rather than watching it would never know that. It was HORRIFIC... and BEFORE those of you who want to 'defend' or 'critique'..... any player, unit, coach, whatever....

I don't have clue.. didn't see the game... BUT.. can't really imagine anyone defending any aspect of this game. I "think", (again didn't see the game), the offense wasn't just 'bad'... it was utterly inept, except Kupp, and perhaps Stafford considering ZERO protection.

On "D" it seemed not NEARLY 'as' bad but not good. I don't go by point totals. I know, I know.. many will say "few points'.. D is OK... ehhhh, I don't think so. BETTER than the offense no doubt, and by a good wide margin but "ok"? Just me, personally, I can't wear that as a badge.. but back to O...

Because the O is so MUCH worse.... not sure where to go with this. I know, I know, throw to Kupp LESS... but I don't get that. Somewhat get the reasoning..... One guy can't do it... and by spreading it around AR, Higbee, and crew will score TD's in mass.... ehhhhhhh, I don't think so. I think, crazy as this seems, Kupp is doing his part and others are NOT.

Ok, lets touch on Akers... some of, actually MANY of, the Game Time Forum posts were of the "Akers has no vision". Now maybe that is TRUE... and being honest I'm considering it myself, actually... BUT.. if so, lets say it is... how does a RB who DOES have vision, ( anyone doubt that?), to none? Something is wrong in this equation. If you're mad at Akers then yes, it may be him... but Im' wondering...what the hell?

Ok, my summation... it's ALL the OL... In years past I argued that point.. and stand by it.. but this year? It explains it all.. which will THRILL the 'always the OL" contingent....they have it right this year.. forever and always? No, not there yet.. but THIS year... yes. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

couldn't watch the game...

JamesJM198October 09, 2022 10:06PM

Re: couldn't watch the game...

Classicalwit95October 09, 2022 11:04PM

He he, Classic...

JamesJM80October 09, 2022 11:21PM

Re: He he, Classic...

SoCalRAMatic70October 10, 2022 03:46AM