Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rams at the Safety position

September 30, 2022 06:28AM
I have a question for the all 22 crowd about the Ram's defense. It kind of goes hand in hand with my question of even if Brandon Staley was still with the Rams how different would the results be than they are right now? (Is the fall off more about Morris adopting someone else's system or the league catching up to the system in general?) It is hard to miss the many times where a coverage is "blown" and Ramsey is looking around like someone is out of place. Has an issue with the Ram's shell been lack quality play from the Safety position OR just a natural regression to the mean as the league figures out how to attack the scheme (like the hacks to the Tampa Two)? It seems that we haven't had a safety of Johnson's caliber since he left but how much of a difference does that make now? I know you can't pay everyone and unlike our ability to find quality corners, our track record in picking safeties isn't as stellar. Johnson was a star at safety for us not an all pro but something significant at least to our D. I would have figured I could use the Chargers defense to help answer my questions on the potency of the Fangio/Staley defense but Staley's Charger defense has played way below it's expected level it can't be used to make broader assessments. Is our soft coverage in part because of a need to give some extra time to sub par safeties (or maybe our baby corners)?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams at the Safety position

RamsDynasty164September 30, 2022 06:28AM

Letting Ex-Rams go

RamsDynasty158September 30, 2022 06:40AM

Re: Rams at the Safety position

SoCalRAMatic129September 30, 2022 06:42AM