Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Matching the league's general performance

September 30, 2022 04:17AM
RamsDynasty
They are strong in a place to exploit where the rest of the League doesn't typically mind being weak. The Rams typically invest in their off ball linebackers less than any other team in the league and the Niners have exploited the heck out of that during the Shanny v McVay era, while teams with less talent had a much easier time handling the Niners. Now by a stroke of luck off ball linebacker has become a strength of our defense, does this change the dynamic? I hope so.

You touch on a key point. Throughout this time of losing to the Evil Empire, we have struggled to stop an offense that has in turn struggled against many, often lesser teams.

The ILB issue you point to is a big part of it, but then other teams seem to control that offense. Why can't we?

I think also that our shell defense concedes to Garapolo his strength--short throws. But, again, I don't think that is unique to us.

They failed to beat 11 points last week playing a middle-of-the-pack DEN bunch last week. I don't see why we can't limit them to 15 points or so.

But then, we generally underperform against these guys. Time for McVay to lead his team against his nemesis as well as he does against others.

Frankly, I don't really know that he can.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

MNF will tell a lot about the Shanny/McVay dynamic

RamsDynasty153September 29, 2022 06:57AM

Matching the league's general performance

RFL81September 30, 2022 04:17AM