Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

AvengerRam has 20 random thoughts…

September 26, 2022 07:28AM
Here’s AvengerRam…

1. This is the kind of game that really divides the half-empty from the half-full mindsets.

2. On the plus side, we played a 2021 playoff team on their home field, took an early lead, and never relinquished it.

3. On the flip side, dropped passes, allowed fourth down conversions and an untimely fumble prevented this game from becoming a blowout.

4, But, hey... with this win and losses by Seattle and San Francisco, the Rams sit alone in first place in the NFC West.

5. A bad day for Cooper Kupp, who failed to secure what would have been a pretty TD pass. And, still... he makes his mark with a 20 yard TD run, his first career rushing TD!

6. Tyler Higbee had a nice outing once again.

7. Saw some of the Sun Tzu evasive tactics in the play calling, which kept the Cardinals' defense off balance with wide screens and Kupp's beautifully executed jet sweep.

8. So... who had Ben Skowronek with more receiving yards than Allen Robinson after three games?

9. Another half-full/half-empty issues, I suppose. We'd definitely like to see more from A-Rob, who dropped a slant at the goal line. Skowronek's emergence, though, is nice to see with Van Jefferson shelved for at least another 3 weeks.

10. Loved what I saw from Jalen Ramsey today.

11. Some nice moments for Derion Kendrick too. Unfortunately, he's in concussion protocol. Tough keeping these CBs healthy!

12. Aaron Donald joins the 100 sack club!

13. Cam Akers started cooking, then dropped the rock inside the 2 yard line. Will McVay continue to trust him?

14. Nice job by special teams today. Blocked punt, some nice returns by Brandon Powell, and a couple of (doink!) FGs.

15. The OL did a nice job, as it tries to come together with some new parts.

16. The Rams will have a huge opportunity next week against San Francisco. A win would really put them in a great spot in their quest to win another NFC West Title.

17. Matthew Stafford had some nifty footwork today avoiding sacks and picking up first downs.

18. Rams defense allowed 4.7 yards/play against the Falcons and 4.5 this week. Those are very solid numbers.

19. The Rams have not played great football this year yet. I see reason for hope that they are just getting warmed up, though. Can't wait to see them put it all together.

20. Shana Tovah to my Ramishpacha! Its a new year! Shofar, so good!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

AvengerRam has 20 random thoughts…

Rams43138September 26, 2022 07:28AM