Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Report: NFL replacing Pro Bowl with flag football game, skills competitions

September 26, 2022 04:32AM
Will the NFL become The FFL (Flag Football League) before too long?!?!?! The change is already starting...

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 26, 2022, 8:19 AM EDT

The Pro Bowl as we know it is reportedly coming to an end.

At the end of this season, the league will instead play a flag football game at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas on Sunday, February 5, according to Rob Maaddi of the Associated Press.

The league will also have what it is calling “Pro Bowl Games” during the week before the Super Bowl, which will consist of skills competitions between AFC and NFC players. The league has already been experimenting with a skills competition before the Pro Bowl but will apparently be attempting to make these a bigger event for both the fans and the players involved.

Peyton Manning will be one of the coaches for the flag football game, and his Omaha Productions company, which produces the ManningCast Monday Night Football broadcast, will be involved.

The Pro Bowl has been widely derided in recent years as being effectively flag football anyway, so the league has apparently decided to make that change official.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ramsdude92September 26, 2022 04:32AM