Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I’ve got a few thoughts, myself…

September 26, 2022 06:34AM
I’m not generally a fan of the ‘soft zone’ D that Morris seems to love.

However…

I think perhaps it was the best strategy when forced to play so many kids in that secondary.

As always, we should judge by results and the results were pretty darned good. Kept Cards out of end zone for 60 minutes, only allowed 12 points, contained Cards running game nicely, held Murray to 2 scrambles for 8 yards, made Cards go for it on 4th down 4-5 times, and forced Murray to throw 58 times. I’ll take that all day long. So, kudos to Morris under very difficult conditions.

About Ramsey. Yeah, he personally played a helluva game, but I’m also impressed with his leadership with so many of our young secondary players. Coaches are great, of course, but Ramsey is really putting his heart into bringing this young secondary along. We were facing Cards with a rookie 6th rounder in Kendrick and Grant Haley by game 3. Color me very impressed.

Nice to see that breakout 2nd half by Akers. Perhaps he had a confidence breakthrough? The fumble was a definite bummer, though.

Boom, even though playing hurt had a quiet and effective game. That’s huge.

Don’t look now but Rams OL might be gelling together. We saw some holes and creases yesterday for a change.

I must confess that I’m both surprised and disappointed with AR’s assimilation into this O. Thought it would be quick, seamless, and dramatic. That perfect TD throw went right through AR’s HANDS, dammit! Thought AR would be a magnificent complement to Kupp for Stafford but here we are after 3 games and AR is actually seemingly struggling. Blows my mind. I think it’ll come together because of AR’s talent and desire but sooner would be better than later.

If you had told me prior to kickoff that we would see the following parlay I would have thought you were crazy. Both Kupp and AR dropping TD passes and Akers fumbling on the one foot line? C’mon… This game coulda been a damned blowout under ‘normal’ circumstances.

So Stafford CAN avoid stupid turnover passes after all. I was happy to see that.

Nice to see Lewis with some pressure, huh? More, please.

Rams have the makings of a very good secondary already on this roster. Need the players to get healthy and a bit more experience but the potential is undeniable. Durant and Kendrick, for example, have already had their trial by fire and only 3 games have been played. Nobody gets his bang for the buck with late rounders for secondary like Snead. Don’t know who his scouts are for secondary but they’re worth their weight in gold.

Great to see the resurgence on ST in coverage and returns. Powell was the beneficiary but he couldn’t have done much without the other 10 guys.

Speaking of Powell, he was a pleasant surprise as a WR, too. Guess it wasn’t just coachspeak on McVay’s part?

Don’t know what to say about Atwell that already hasn’t been said. Sigh…

Good to get this win. September wins count as much as those of December. Rest of our division is looking up to us and we can keep it that way if we can get healthy and gel on OL and Stafford/AR can get on same page soon. Not to mention VJ’s healthy return.

I’m speculating here, but maybe Snead is considering an addition at edge now? Our pressure still isn’t where we need it to be. And perhaps OBJ is actually becoming more and more likely? AR and Stafford aren’t quite clicking and VJ’s absence is due to something more serious than previously thought?

49ers are gonna be a big test. For both Rams O and their D. Jimmy G loves to feast on our middle with his quick short passes which eats Morris’ soft zone alive. And Rams need to manufacture some pressure somehow even if Jimmy G is throwing it in 2.5 seconds or less. I’m hopeful that Rams can now pretty much contain that 49er running game but am concerned about their passing game with such an inexperienced and unhealthy secondary for the Rams. Morris may have a scheme or 2 up his sleeve for this game. He’s had 7 months to prepare for it, after all.

Looks like Rams are in for another interesting season with their fair share of bumps along the way. Bring it on!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A few things I'm wondering about......

roman18484September 26, 2022 04:16AM

Great Post Roman

Coy Bacon144September 26, 2022 04:26AM

Re: Great Post Roman

Ramstien139September 26, 2022 04:28AM

Re: Great Post Roman

dodgerram109September 26, 2022 04:32AM

Re: A few things I'm wondering about......

Ramstien118September 26, 2022 04:27AM

The bend not break philosophy

NewMexicoRam116September 26, 2022 04:34AM

running wide and TuTu

21Dog249September 26, 2022 04:36AM

Re: A few things I'm wondering about......

Thirtymac, The Intrepid Ram102September 26, 2022 05:40AM

I’ve got a few thoughts, myself…

Rams43211September 26, 2022 06:34AM

I thought it was one of the smarter defensive games they've played

LMU9393September 26, 2022 08:42AM

Tutu... I am not sure I follow the logic.

Atlantic Ram89September 26, 2022 11:37AM