Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mackeyser has a game report after his first visit to SOFI…

September 20, 2022 11:44AM
Here’s Mackeyser…

1) WOW!!! That stadium is WORLD CLASS!!! I’m so enamored with that place!

2) It’s LOUD!!! I don’t wanna hear crap about how LA fans can’t get into the game, cuz against Atlanta, we made them go silent count on almost every 3rd down. Can‘t imagine how loud it gets against division opponents!

3) I’ll post pics, but I’m on crappy Wi-Fi at the hotel, so it’s taking forever to sync my phone, so they may be in posts a little later.

4) As for the game: Teams are gonna quick pass the Rams to death until we start pressing. I was correctly calling the Falcon’s plays about 75% of the time based on the Rams defensive alignment. AD and the overall pressure is fine. The plan against the Rams until we start pressing is to quick pass us to death. Our run D is improved and Wags and Jones are a duo to be reckoned with. I really think any shortcoming is scheme which was so evident live that people were talking about obvious things as they were happening.

5) Bobby Wagner is playing like a stud and doing tons of dirty work allowing Jones to fly around and make plays. The demise of Wags is GREATLY exaggerated.

6) It seems Ramsey is really in his own head. I think he’s trying to balance doing too much and playing his game. Lots of times I think passes attributed to him are blown safety coverages and the young guys aren’t sure how to play with a star position. We saw clearly on that INT that in single coverage, Ramsey is still nails.

7) Hendo is really good and plenty good enough. Akers live looks even more hesitant than on tv. Some of it was play assignment as they tend to only give deep pitches to Hendo, but Akers hasn’t demonstrated any lateral explosion since returning and live he looks positive plodding. I hope it’s just a confidence issue.

8) Stafford HAS to start looking for ARob. On a number of plays, if he just looked his way, BIG GAINS were there. ARob is solid blocking and routinely winning his routes and not by a little. Also, he’s got to stop expecting Calvin Johnson on every deep ball. I could see that end zone INT from the moment he threw it. We need a bit less Favre and a bit more Rodgers and we’re golden.

9) Cooper Kupp is more amazing and deceptively fast and sudden than on tv by a lot. That juke on the db for his 2nd TD was a downright anklebreaker and when I watched the replays that night, it doesn’t show how good it was by half. Kupp is a freaking superstar and anyone who doesn’t agree is in denial or hasn’t seen him.

10) Everyone around me was shocked we used Skow as a FB and the reviews were positive. Adds a wrinkle which is good.

11) Sorry for Anchrum. That said, this OL looked downright solid in person and they got better as the afternoon wore on. This OL can get push and they moved Grady Jarrett around plenty. I’m encouraged by this and if they continue to improve, they should leave the line as is.

12) yes, we need another RB. I hate to say it, but unless Kyren Williams comes back and impersonates Todd Gurley, we need a big back. The worst part of our offense it seems is getting that hard yard. I really doubt Hunt gets shopped, but he’s kinda what McVay wants in an RB, although he needs to smarten up on game situations.

13) I want to root for Tutu, but how can I? He was positively vibrating on the sideline and McVay has nothing for him. I won’t even go into the alternatives for him as we‘re past that now, but I’m lost as to what the plan is. He’s dressed and runs a few routes, but nothing that puts him in a position to succeed. If Tutu fails, honestly it’s as much on McVay as anyone because a guy can’t succeed or fail if not given a chance.

14) We miss Van Jefferson. Period. McVay doesn’t seem to want Tutu to stretch the D (which is why he drafted him) and without that stretcher, the windows are tighter. The idea of trading VJ is absurd.

15) LOVED the experience. Couldn’t do it as a season ticket holder.

16) The ride share drop off wasn’t too bad, but the pickup was massively FUBAR. If you can walk, pick a spot 1/2 mile away and get picked up there. And don’t rely on GPS mapping as the game day rerouting isn’t accounted for and will screw you… ask me how I know… the lack of tailgating was sad, but even as expensive as it is, I enjoyed getting in the stadium and looking around.

Lastly, sorry for not finding anyone at the game. I was so damned spastic, I could hardly find my seat and I was getting @#$%& signal on my phone and couldn’t hear anything anyway, so it is what it is. Pics in next post.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Mackeyser has a game report after his first visit to SOFI…

Rams43412September 20, 2022 11:44AM

Re: Mackeyser has a game report after his first visit to SOFI…

Hazlet Hacksaw150September 20, 2022 12:06PM

Dennis Harrah

ramBRO130September 20, 2022 03:35PM

It was soft zone, Cover-3

JimYoungblood53175September 20, 2022 06:39PM

Good look at it from Twitter

JimYoungblood5384September 21, 2022 02:14PM

Not Sure If it Was The Purpose Of The Video, But It Appears As Though AD...

ramBRO66September 21, 2022 03:48PM

Yes, it was . . . that is a big deal

JimYoungblood5393September 21, 2022 04:08PM