Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Game review by OntarioRam…

September 19, 2022 06:47AM
Here’s OntarioRam…

The O-line was much improved. I do not want to take too much away from a game at home against Atlanta, but it was encouraging to see, and we will see how this group gels going forward. Jackson looked good at RG, and Shelton looked good at C, which inspires hope. It would huge to be able to fill 2 interior o-line positions internally. Very disappointing to see Tremayne Anchrum go down early - I was/am optimistic for what he can bring. Hopefully, the ankle injury is not serious, and he can be back sooner rather than later.

Glad to see Allen Robinson more involved but he still warrants more targets. Kupp is incredible, but his target share it too high IMO. Not only due to injury concerns, but it will also make this offense harder to defend if there are 2 WRs the defence has to scheme for. Robinson has looked great in the red zone - he could have easily had 3 TDs (his waived off TD was bogus, and should have counted, and Stafford over-threw him on a fade when he had a step or two on his defender). But he needs more targets elsewhere. He has been getting open tons, and frankly, both his talent level and contract value demand he be more than a red zone threat.

The pass rush looks middling. Not bad. But middling. I am not sure that is good enough in today's NFL. Hopefully, guys like Jackson and Shelton prove capable of shoring up the o-line. Because between the o-line and the pass rush, if both need outside reinforcements to bolster a playoff run, I am unsure if the Rams have enough assets to address both at or before the trade deadline

Hopefully, Hill is okay. I think his versatility is very underrated to our secondary. Durant certainly flashed in Hill's absence. I am curious to see more of him going forward.

No concerns with Stafford from me. If anything, I was relieved - the elbow looks fine. The INTs are ugly but at this point you just have to take the bad with the good with Matthew. He is going to throw some picks. After last year, I am confident #9 will be surgical when the game is on the line.

Henderson continues to outperform Akers. Hopefully, Cam can get it going soon. Too early to panic IMO, and I am not yet at the point I would use assets to bolster this position group. Perhaps Akers might be struggling to read and set up his blocks, in what is apparently a new running scheme? The o-line seems to block a lot better for Hendo, and it's not like Akers appears to be dancing around in the backfield?

Glad to be 1-1. The stats on 0-2 teams are bleak. A win in Arizona next Sunday will be important
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Game review by OntarioRam…

Rams43279September 19, 2022 06:47AM

Re: Game review by OntarioRam…

Ramstien137September 19, 2022 06:57AM