September 19, 2022 04:01AM
Still getting ready to play at peak performance.

All teams are trying to ramp up their level of performance during the first few games of the season. The Rams may have a bigger gap than most teams as they refuse to play their starters or key reserves during the preseason. The lack of preseason competition, especially for a team which so many young players helps to explain the slow start and the lack of sharpness in putting away yesterdays game.

I noticed Skow being used as a full back/lead blocker though I didn't really see the backs follow him into the hole very often. I think and have always thought that his role/niche would be that of occasional FB/TE/WR/ST type of guy which is really important when considering who is going to be active for the game. Even with Van coming back, whenever that is, you can still see Skow lining up as a FB and being a threat to catch the ball out of the backfield. He is a nice fit for this team. Let's wait and see if his hands have improved.

The offense I thought was okay except for some sloppy turnovers. The Defense on the other hand seems to be a work in progress. They play too soft and fail to generate enough pressure on the QB. Also didn't see Wagner playing like an all pro and I think that is something Morris has to figure out. Thought Jones and Durant stood out.

Special Teams: That blocked punt was a disaster. I though Dixon took is sweet ass time getting the ball off but the real issue was the blocking where somehow a rusher comes up the middle completely untouched. How do you miss that???

Anyway good to get a win. McVay can build on this game and instill a sense of urgency in all of the units. Let's see if we continue to improve in AZ next week and build off this win.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

6 takeaways from Rams 31-27 win over Falcons…

Rams43402September 18, 2022 04:49PM

Re: 6 takeaways from Rams 31-27 win over Falcons…

george_allen173September 18, 2022 05:26PM

SoCalRAMatic89September 18, 2022 06:58PM

David Deacon61September 19, 2022 04:01AM