Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: McVay

September 15, 2022 02:17PM
When I watched the 22 tape posted here, AR WAS open a lot. When I looked at Stafford in that same moment (paused the tape a few times) very often the QB was already pressured or sacked, the ball was already out, or a forced rollout had him looking away. Or, Stafford went to a player who was deeper for more yardage.

The perception I read here from many is that Robinson was open and therefore should have been targeted. In my view that's too simplistic. How often was Kupp the #1 read? Higbee? Skow? Where was AR in the progresion? Sometimes it's easy to tell; sometimes we guess.

Altogether, it's not all on Robinson to get open more, nor is it all on Staffoed to find him and throw to him more often.

McVay likes to design and install plays that take a while to develop. Stafford processes quickly and can get the ball out accurately "right now," he makes good decisionbs and can freeze or move players with not just his eyes, but his whole body. He's better at it than Brady.

Why not combine those abilities with with quick openers that keep the QB upright? Mix in enough runs and deep balls, when there's opportunity, to keep the D honest. Stafford has two wide receivers who can run with power after the catch; the ball doesn't have to travel 35 yards in the air to get a chunk play.

That, and have a plan B, and plan C, etc.

It'll be interesting to see how McVay uses the weapons still at his disposal from here on out. The rest is coachspeak.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

McVay explains how he plans to get Allen Robinson more involved in Offense…

Rams43304September 15, 2022 05:31AM

BumRap150September 15, 2022 05:42AM

Rams43195September 15, 2022 06:01AM

Every word I've read about Robinson in that game...

JamesJM56September 15, 2022 08:23AM

Oh, and by the way.. McVay's "how to get him involved"...

JamesJM92September 15, 2022 08:25AM

Re: Oh, and by the way.. McVay's "how to get him involved"...

Ramsdude53September 15, 2022 08:33AM

I stand corrected... and thanks...

JamesJM101September 15, 2022 08:47AM

mtramfan39September 15, 2022 02:17PM

Re: McVay explains how he plans to get Allen Robinson more involved in Offense…

ramBRO85September 15, 2022 06:39AM