Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Out of the woodwork to smash the panic button

September 09, 2022 08:29AM
I'm enjoying reading the doom scroll over how bad the Rams are now, and will be for the whole season. Lots of new posters or names I haven't seen since last November. Stafford can't make decisions, McVay is a terrible coach, not playing starters in the pre season will be the end of us, and on and on...

Did y'all just step out of a time machine from September 2017? Um, we kinda won the superbowl last year with most of these players and coaches. And no we didn't have OBJ or Miller this year, but we didn't last year when we went 7-1.

I agree the team looked terrible last night. To me it looked more like the players didn't show up. The O-line was not ready to play. Every one of those guys played last year in some combination and didn't vomit all over their jerseys (ale Eminem) like they did last night. Not sure if you can have a superbowl hangover after you win, but it sure looked that way. Really no fire. It's like the banner unveiling gave them drunken flashbacks to the parade last year. Was Stafford slurring his words in the huddle? Double vision leading to picks?

Matchups also play a part in games like this. The Bills match up well against us. All the in game and post game talk of 'did the Bills provide a blueprint for how to beat the rams' made me laugh. Like that's all you need- just do what they did. Sure, just get all their players and run their scheme and blammo - you'll beat the Rams and everyone else.

I can't imagine they will be happy about how they played - on a national stage where they hit such heights 6 months ago. I imagine they're embarrassed and I'll be very surprised if they don't play much better next week. Every year, pundits and fans try and get a read on who the contenders and pretenders are in the first 4 weeks of the season. Most of the knowledgable press people know you don't get an idea or a peek of how things will shake out until. November.

The Bills are a great team - like top 4 in the league or better. They have a really good defense - top 3 in the league last year, I think. And they added an outside rush that they were lacking. They came out with fire and executed. We won't see another QB and receiver set like that until we play KC. And they don't have the receivers that the Bills do.

And one more bright spot this was our 'extra' game. Non conference, non division. Does not effect main playoff tiebreakers at all.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Out of the woodwork to smash the panic button

promomasterj159September 09, 2022 08:29AM