Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Oldnotdead with some thoughts on Hardy and Lewis…

September 02, 2022 02:42PM
Here’s Oldnotdead…

I've liked Hardy since the draft. His ankle will likely keep him from seeing significant snaps (barring injuries in front of him) for at least until after the bye in week 7. After that, it should be rotational duties behind Floyd.

It's Hardy's role next year that's going to be interesting. This year will be basically a redshirt year for him. To ensure his ankle is completely healed and developing. One aspect of his game needs to be is to show he can drop into coverage and not be a liability.

If he can show that in camp I think he can be a starter at DE opposite Floyd in 2023 or 2024. That would depend upon how Lewis is playing. IMO Terrell must show more than flashes this year. He must be able to play without a snap count. That said unless Terrell plays beyond what he has I think Hardy can be his replacement and at the very least play rotationally behind Floyd and Hollins.

Hardy brings athleticism and especially speed that is lacking in Lewis. I think ultimately he is capable of being a 6-9 sack a year type of starter at edge. Lewis is not only limited by snap count he's a liability in coverage. That is why Hollins remains on the field when Lewis plays. At the very least Hardy could provide the Rams with good depth behind both Floyd and Hollins. IMO Lewis has not really earned his roster spot. This is his year to break out or he's gone in 2024 if not before. IMO drafting Hardy was targeted specifically at Lewis.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Oldnotdead with some thoughts on Hardy and Lewis…

Rams43341September 02, 2022 02:42PM

Bubbaramfan has a very different opinion…

Rams43172September 02, 2022 02:45PM

Re: Bubbaramfan has a very different opinion…

Ramstien78September 03, 2022 05:45AM