Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Got some burning Ram personnel questions this morning…

August 28, 2022 08:00AM
All great questions and I do give kudos to the front office and the coaches for routinely finding late round prospects as well as rookie free agents whom they can develop. In a very general way to address your questions regarding the bottom 53 roster slots, special teams. Many articles and interviews of coaches and Snead have all verified that the ability to play special teams will separate a player who otherwise may have a similar performance grade at the end of preseason. In fact the Rams have gone on record that many of those late round draft picks have been heavily influenced by ST coordinator Joe D.

In the past years when Les Snead does an interview I listen very intently. After the move to LA, Snead did an interview with Rich Eisen. In this interview Eisen asked Snead about doing pressers or interviews leading up to the draft and if he ever worried about accidentally letting information slip about a position or prospect. Snead said that if you listen carefully it’s impossible not “to leave breadcrumbs “. Fast fwd to last night Snead answered a few questions during the game. In talking about Lance McCutcheon’s preseason success , Snead mentioned that he covered kicks at Montana St really well in addition to his prolific receiving career in college. Honestly, if McCutcheon refused or couldn’t play ST, the roster looks different come Tuesday IMO.

Lastly, the expanded practice squad, PUP, and IR help the Rams decision making. Hardy, Lake et al will end up being retained at least in the short term with injury designations. I trust these coaches and front office to make the best decisions and wouldn’t rule out a minor trade and or waiver wire pickup.

It’s should be fun !
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Got some burning Ram personnel questions this morning…

Rams43474August 28, 2022 07:14AM

LSURAM196August 28, 2022 08:00AM

Very nice post LSURAM!

Ramsdude136August 28, 2022 08:44AM

3030107August 28, 2022 10:21AM